Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott,

Thank you for the update. As you can imagine, we have all been waiting for this update for quite a long time.

Do you have an anticipated launch date for tick data on the ES for eSignal users? Thanks.

Comment

I'm told by the head of our Engineering Dept that end of year is still the goal. I hestitate to post a target as this project has been delayed numerous times. Throughout all these delays, the work has continued but one thing or another has presented a complication that bumped the target.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Comment

ScottJ - It's been a half year since the last update. Where do we stand now? Last you mentioned end of year was new target. Is that on track? It's sooooooooooooooo frustrating to only have 2 weeks of tick data which which to build charts and less than 6 months of intraday data.

Comment

We've actually made significant progress and the extended data is up and running in our lab. We need another software release for the front-end tick server and then we'll need to start a roll-out across our farms, which takes time. We likely won't be fully ready by year-end but I am hoping we can let some users start testing.

Thanks.

Comment

Scottj,

Let us know if you need beta testers.

thanks,

glen
            Glen Demarco
            [email protected]

Comment

ScottJ,

Since you said "is currently being actively beta tested by a select group of experienced EFS users. We hope to have it ready for release ...Mar/Apr 05)" not much has happened.

I am not holding my breath. That was 3 years ago. But since I have been posting on this thread for many years hoping for the amount of tick data to be expanded to eSignal users, please contact me if/when you need beta testers. I would be more than happy to help out.

Trend

Comment

I appreciate your patience and certainly concur that this project has taken a long.......time to complete. When we're ready for testing with external users, I will certainly give preference to anyone on this thread who's been patiently waiting.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

How about those of us who have been waiting impatiently ;-) ?
                  Garth

Comment

Hello Scott,

Please include me if you look for external beta testers.

thanks,

-Clearpicks

Comment

Garth and Clearpicks,

You've both earned your stripes so you'll make the list

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ on 11/06/2008
                        We've actually made significant progress and the extended data is up and running in our lab. We need another software release for the front-end tick server and then we'll need to start a roll-out across our farms, which takes time. We likely won't be fully ready by year-end but I am hoping we can let some users start testing.
                        Thanks.
                        Please give us some good news ScottJ. Another quarter has passed and I'm beginning to feel like an investor in eSignal, hoping for some far off distant return that never materializes...

Comment

There has certainly been some progress for QCharts users, as evidenced by the open beta now underway for extended history from eSignal servers.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=29728

This beta will be followed by an official release for QC users and then it's on to begin a beta period for eSignal users. Hopefully not much longer for at least testing to begin but I don't have a specific ETA.

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ,

If at all possible I really very, very much appreciate being on that list.

Thanks very much.

Glen
                            Glen Demarco
                            [email protected]

Comment

Scott,

For those of us who are not QC users, and I know this is early yet, but how is the open beta going?

I assume the better it goes there, the faster we can get increased history for eSignal?

Garth
                              Garth

Comment

Does the Extended Intraday Data coverage includes UK, Australian, and Canadian stocks ?

If so, will it be rolled out eSignal OnDemand customers ?

thx

Comment

Working...
                                X