Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this time the extended data does not include Australian or European data. For now the Extended data is available on US and Canadian futures and equities.

Once the testing is completed and we're able to roll this data out to eSignal real time users it should not be long before it become available to OnDemand user too.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Any good news? Is there now an ETA for more historical intraday data for eSignal?
      Garth

Comment

The open beta for QC users has been going well so we are set to formally release to all QC users next Tuesday (Mar 31). We'll then turn our attention to some new code that needs to be added in the eSignal application. 10.4 is releasing this week so those code changes are slated for 10.5 and you can look for a June release of 10.5.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Very cool. I can't tell you how excited I am about this (OK, my life is small ;-)

Don't forget to put me on the beta list....please....

Garth
          Garth

Comment

I know lots of users are excited about the additional history coming soon so I thought I'd post the latest status report.

The additional data is now live and functioning well for QCharts 6.03 users.

We have added the desktop coding necessary to make the request for additional history w/in eSignal and our QA teams are in the midst of thorough testing.

Our new tiered server structure is now in place so requests for extended history will connect to new backend intraday servers for the extra data. We now just need a simple configuration change once our QA testing is completed.

We are also preparing an entitlement so we can appropriately authorize and route users. This entitlement will be added to the accounts for those users invited into the formal beta period.

We hope to start that formal beta by the end of May.

Thanks.

Comment

Not quite ready to start a small beta group yet but we are now running an internal alpha of 10.5. Here's a screenshot of Disney going back 5 years on 240 minute bar data. Pretty cool, I must say.

We'll have more next week. Thanks for all the PM's requesting to be a part of the beta. We'll do our best to accommodate as many as we can.
              Attached Files

Comment

Am I right that this upgrade will boost tick data storage from the current 10 days to two years?

Comment

As it stands now, the initial release will be the 1 minute bar data going back 7-8 years, in some cases. The tick data is present but we believe we'll have some more work to do before we can smoothly deliver that much tick data down the pipe. The tick data is actually there already but looking at file sizes, someone asking for, say 20 days of tick data on the emini will just drown in the data. We are working on different ways to handle that (i.e. local storage, off-hours requests, etc)

Thanks.

Comment

Scott / ESig project people,

Could I please confirm something?

Previous in this thread it was noted that forex data was included in scope of this project (post dated 04-24-2008).

Is this still the case? Is forex data still within the scope of the alpha testing happening now?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

Yes, Forex data will be included. Here's a 240 minute chart of the British Pound going back 2+ years. Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Scott,

Firstly, we appreciate you and the team working hard to deliver this critical functionality. A great leap forward for Esig.

I’ve recently seen the May issue of the Esig newsletter. I am to understand that you expect to deliver the extended data access with release 10.5 is that correct? And we are 1 – 3 months away from that delivery?

Thanks and regards,

Dan

P.S. I did try to use the “reply by email” to a post functionality but it didn’t seem to work.

Comment

ScottJ - Any update on start of beta?

Comment

We'll see a new build tomorrow actually. That could become the beta if our next phase of testing goes well. If this build is stable, we likely will go beta by end of the week.

Thanks.

Comment

We launched the 10.5 beta last night. For those looking for 2+ years of intraday data (and 10+ years on US Stocks), you can be an early adopter by trying the beta today!

We'll be officially launching in 2-4 weeks.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Will definately start running the beta, thanks.

What is the status of increasing the availability of tick data beyond 10 days?

The more the better but even another 10 days of tick data would be very helpful?

Thanks,

Glen
                                Glen Demarco
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X