• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong description for Symbol?

Hi,
    Can someone from eSignal please confirm the following:

$IXB - is described as NASDAQ Combined Biotechnology in eSignal

$IXB - should be the symbol for AMEX MATERIALS SELECT SECTOR INDEX

After looking through all of eSignals Symbols lists I have not found a symbol for AMEX MATERIALS SELECT SECTOR INDEX (have found $BXV for the SPDR version) - also the chart and closing price when I use $IXB in eSignal is identical to that of the AMEX MATERIALS SELECT SECTOR INDEX on the AMEX website.

Thus, has eSignal got the description of $IXB wrong? and if so, what is the real symbol for the NASDAQ Combined Biotechnology?

Are there any other wrong descriptions that we don't know about?

Thanks,
    Paul

Thanks Paul for the report. We'll bring this to the attention of our QA Team, and they will investigate further.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay.
      I've been through the Index lists from A-Z countless times for my analysis, and I've also noticed that the SOURCES for the Indexes (eg: CBOT / PHLX etc) have being inconsistent / wrong on some occasions - so it would be good to have them review these aswell.

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

We are working on revamping our symbols guide, and it should be more accurate once the updates have been put into place. Regarding $IXB, we should have this corrected in eSignal, and our symbols guide within the next few business days.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X