Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
    es5es5
    There is an option to synchronize (on Data Manager startup only) the system clock to that of eSignal's network.
    To enable/disable synchronization open Data Manager then in the main menu select Data->Time.
    Alex
    Alexis,

Thanks. I already have that turned on. But even with that turned on the clock goes out of sync when the cpu is saturated. The clock is eventually resynced as cpu usage fluctuates. I think the problem is that eSignal is dropping events and data from winros. The system is literally too busy for eSignal to accept any more data. (eSignal was the only non-system app running.)

I must point out that I haven't had any clock sync problems since upgrading my computer earlier this month, and I check several times daily. That, to me, says something inside eSignal is inefficient enough to require alot of cpu power to overcome.

I've been a programmer for 22 years and, to me, this looks like (at least partly) inefficient memory utilization -- almost as if thousands of small new and deletes (or object instantiation and destructions) were happening each second.

It would shed some light on this issue if we could somehow profile eSignal as it runs in our environment.

Thanks again for your message.

Comment

If I can offer a suggestion, open up the tools ==> EFS ==> Performance monitor and see which applications which are loaded that are taking up the most resources.

Also look at how many times they are being called, if too many are called every tick, you may consider removing some or modifying them slightly to not be such a cpu hog.

Comment

Hello,

I tried the EFS Performance monitor. It shows that I have 8-10 EFSs running in each chart window

I have about 11-15 chart windows open across a 4 monitor setup.

I think it is the EFSs that are slowing the software down.

The only problem that I need to use all these EFS/Indicators.

What can eSignal do to fix this problem.

Thank you...PC

Comment

Working...
        X