can't log on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't log on

Not sure why this is happening, but Globex is open, and yet when I try to bring up my Esignal, I get an error message that says "Cannot find Receiver on any comm port".

Is Esignal down? Or have I inadverdently done something on my end?

Thanks,

Phil

hmmm esignal is working here....

Comment

can't log on

So I went thru the re-install Esignal routine in Globalserver, and got a critical error that shut it down ...... then re-installed using the CD, both Globalserver and ESignal, and still get the same message.

So I try to just bring up Esignal data manager, and now get the error message "Your Username and Password for Socket connection is not authorized". But the same user name and password that I have used before is in the Data Manager window (I re-typed it, but no good).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Phil

Comment

Phil,
        jee i'm sorry i think you will need to take that up with someone who works for esig. I just wanted to let you know it is running here. Usually there are esig people on I thought anyway over weekend , but maybe not . Prolly a specific issue to your log on as you are saying . I know they would have a better answer to help or maybe a call to them?? just a suggestion

Comment

can't log on

Thanks Michelle,

Esignal won't come in until 5am pst, and maybe they won't even be in tomorrow, so I know this thread is sometimes monitored on weekends and hoped someone here might help.

Since tomorrow is an American holiday, maybe not much hope to getting any help tomorrow either.

Will just wait ......... thanks again.

Phil

Comment

Are you able to view data manager help?
            specifically the communications settings dialop box?

Comment

Hi Phil,

In terms of that first error message you reported, that would indicate you may have an incorrect setting in the Data Manager. Go into the DM and select Receiver, then Communications. Make sure the check mark for I-Net connection is marked and the IP address is CM*.esignal.com

Check that out and let me know. BTW, if we can't resolve this on the boards, our London office is working tomorrow so you'll be able to call them and get direct assistance.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for being there!

The IP box is checked, and the address is CM1.DBC.com. To the best of my knowledge, it has always been that.

Phil

Comment

can't log on

I remember removing some .exe program from my computer earlier in the weekend, but it did not indicate anything having to do with DBC or esignal.

Seems like everyone has gone to bed, so I've emailed London, and if no answer, will try to call them tomorrow.

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

Please try changing that IP address. The one that you are currently using is incorrect. Several years ago, we installed multiple Connection Managers for redundancy ( the CM in that IP address string ). The * is a wildcard so the system will look for whichever CM is active at that time. CM1 could easily be off-line. Please change that setting to CM*.esignal.com

Sincerely,
                    Not in bed yet...

Comment

can't log on

Sorry .... when you wrote that before, I tried it with no effect ...... have just tried it again with no effect. I get the same error .... 'Your Username and Password for Socket connection is not authorized'.

It might have worked before I tried to re-install ....... I don't know ...... but I'm just trying to get it to work, so have gotten past that original error message now.

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

This has been recommended to me before, you may want to try a complete uninstall, and then reinstall. See this link. Even though the document addresses version 7.2, the steps are the same for the current one.

This is typically something that you would do if everything you have tried does not work (system pretty buggered up), but it sounds like you are there. I have followed this myself, I did not ruin anything. You will have to re-enter your userid and password for your datafeed.

I would suggest reinstalling latest verion from the website once you are done.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Usernames and Passwords are case sensitive so perhaps that's the issue. Since the Password is starred out, that is often the one that needs correcting. If you try a few different versions and it still doesn't work, perhaps you can try to access Account Maintenance and retrieve them both. Here's the link to Forgot your Password.

I'd offer to figure them out for you but I don't have remote access to our Customer Database.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

can't log on

Thanks Steve,

I will try that. I just installed the Esignal software on another computer, and it won't recognize my user/password either, so not sure if I'm going to get anywhere ...... but it's worth a try.

Esignal seems to have a problem recognizing user/passwords ..... the 2 or 3 times I've had problems, the tech changes my password or user a little and it fixes everything ....... don't know why this is, but it's a shame it takes a tech to get this to work.

Phil

Comment

Re: can't log on

Originally posted by phlsti
                              Esignal seems to have a problem recognizing user/passwords ..... the 2 or 3 times I've had problems, the tech changes my password or user a little and it fixes everything ....... don't know why this is, but it's a shame it takes a tech to get this to work.
                              In all honesty, I've never run across even 1 instance where a valid username/password didn't work. It's usually just a matter of entering the correct upper or lower case. Sometimes, it's just easier to change the username/psw to all one case and have the customer re-try it. That usually solves it

From the error message you are reporting, it definitely sounds like a username/psw issue, btw.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X