$aifvj4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $aifvj4?

I am getting "No Data" for the $AIFVJ4 symbol today. It represents the fair value of the April 2004 Dow Jones AIG Commodity Index futures contract. Yesterday, 2/17, was the last trading day for the February contract and $AIFVG4 worked fine through yesterday. Today was the day to switch to the April 2004 contract, but when I made the change this problem appeared.
    FYI, contract months for the DJ-AIG are F, G, J, M, Q, V, and Z.

I never had any problem with eSignal quotes for these fair value symbols in the past.
    Tom

Tom,

I have forwarded this issue to our QA department for investigation. I'll post to this thread when I have some additional information. Thank you.

Comment

Tom,

We were informed by the QA department that there was a database issue that prevented data from being collected for the Dow AIG Commodity Index. This unfortunately has affected the monthly contracts J, M, Q, V, and Z for 2004. Starting Monday, February 23rd, we will begin collecting data again for these symbols. We have identified the source of the problem and are taking steps to prevent this from occurring again.

Comment

A new development

There's a value quoted for $AIFVJ4 today, Friday, 2/20 at 8:30 AM EST, but it's 45.37. The actual value should be near 453.7, so it's off by exactly a factor of 10 for some reason.
        Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have sent this issue over to the QA department so that it may be investigated and resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you again for your posts.

Comment

status

Today is Monday, February 23, the market is open, but $AIFVJ4 is not being updated.
            Tom

Comment

It's still no good; whatever changes the QA Team made to fix the problem did not work.
              Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I'm unsure of what happened, but I can also see that we haven't received any data for this symbol as of yet. I'll check in with the QA team and report back as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Tom,

After checking with the QA department, they believe that the issue should be fixed and data should be transmitting tomorrow baring any unforseen issues. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's still not right. There's a different quote for it today, but it isn't updating.
                    Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

The QA team is still working out the details on this issue. Unfortunately, the fix is taking longer than expected. As soon as I have more information, I'll pass it along. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

It looks like it might be working now. But there was one quote with bad data (a value 10 times too high) at 1:10 EST today. Can the 1:10 data be corrected on the server so that I don't have to manually edit that price bar in every chart I am using?
                        Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have an email in to get those trades filtered / readjusted. Down the road, if you would like to report a bad tick, you can do so through the Customer Support menu at the top of eSignal.

Thanks again for the report.

Comment

Those aforementioned trades should be cleaned up now. You may wish to refresh your charts if the tick is still being displayed in the chart window.

Comment

$AIFVK4?

Symbol $AIFVK4 stopped updating at 12:36 EST today, 4/14/04. It was working fine every day, including today, up until that time.
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X