KL and Tokyo Exchanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KL and Tokyo Exchanges

I notice that one can subscribe to Kuala Lumpur Stock exchange data and Tokyo stock exchange data. However the symbols search has not been updated for these markets.

For the KL market, eSignal seems to have used the stock exchange code for the stock. For example, IJM Plantations is 2216-KLS, where 2216 is the exchange assigned stock code.

Daily data is only 3-days. Is this for real?

Can't seem to guess what eSignal named the various indices.

Also wonder if the futures exchange (stock index as well as palm oil futures) is supported since its contracts are now effectively under the same roof as the stock exchange.

Comment

yes..even if we subscibe to the exchange..

we don't know which symbol to enter!!!

Comment

If you download eSignal 7.6, the layout files for these new exchanges are all there. The format for symbols, should be quite clear after you load these files.

Also while I haven't checked very carefully, some counters have a (at least) few months daily data while others have 2-3 days.

I understand that these exchanges came online a few days ago, so I'm sure in time these issues will be sorted out.

Comment

Vegasoul,

Here is the link to our Asia / Pacific symbol format guide. In the case of the Kulalalumpur, the exchange code should be KLS. The other new exchange codes are discussed in this table as well. Thank you for the post.

Comment

Tokyo

I have subscribed to the Tokyo Stock Enchange feed. I opened the "Tokyo Stock Sample.quo" quotesheet - it is updating nicely.
            BUT: I have problems with the charts. I get 6 bars on daily chart - but today's is NOT there!
            I tried some 30 symbols: I am able to get intraday data for the $TOPIX-TSE only - the other 29 charts stay blank (not even one bar). The top of the cursor window is yellow "Not Ent". Switching to a new symbol is see the "Loading data" message - then it disappears and the chart stays blank. What am I doing wrong?
            Thxs.

Comment

Problem is solved: eSignal froze, had to use the Task Manager to kill it, restarted and now intraday data is coming in and the charts are updating OK (Tokyo).

Comment

Working...
              X