Chart changes on refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart changes on refresh

I use a volume interval chart for ES & ER2; I use macd, an ema, and %D; I notice and it IS a problem,,, that after a volume surge (ie a 'move'), if I refresh the chart, the values of macd, %D and ema change and so do some of the candlesticks that were a part of 'the move'; it is problematical because I get into trades that I should not be in, as evidenced after the refresh; I can hit refresh 3x in a row, and get three differently looking charts
    TradeStation and RealTick do not exhibit this behavior for the same indicators and market

HELP!!!!!! Is this a bug in Esignal?
    Last edited by MacTeton; 03-04-2004, 09:24 AM.

Is this an Esignal Bug?

THe problem I state in my original post began about Jan. 8, 2004; prior to then, the problem I've mentioned did NOT occur

All help would be entirely appreciated..

Comment

The beginning of January is when I started having massive problems with my esignal...I trade the ES and NQs only, and have had horrific problems the past month or two with the charts FREEZING up, or going into slow motion with any "fast market" move, surge up or down or huge volume comes in.

It happens almost daily at the open, and upon any big volume, I am forced to rely on my broker window for price. E-signal at times takes more than a minute to catch up when this occurs.

The freezing up of data can kill you when you are trading the futures and a big move hits, the charts freeze and you are in a position - with no charts!

Anyone else have these problems lately? I've been a user for more than a year, never had problems before. EVER. before Jan-Feb.

I have re-installed, and had to (unfortunately) cut down onthe number of charts open. Fewer charts helps a bit, but then I'm flying blind without all the charts I need...

Used to never have a problem, did you guys take on a ton of new subscribers - or cut down on servers or something? This has been Qcharts dejuvu from a few years ago, when they did not have enough servers for all customers using. Overload...
      Last edited by sgraham; 03-04-2004, 03:22 PM.
      Susan Graham

Comment

Freeze UP

I've had no freeze up problems and no slo-mo;

I did find one thing, but won't know until tomorrow;

I use volume interval, as mentioned, but my TIME Template was at Intraday Default, which is TIME interval... so now I have an 'V' interval for the time template, matching my chart interval... we'll see!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X