Duplicate daily data on HKF contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate daily data on HKF contracts

I'm not sure what is happening, but some of the days appear to be duplicated on this symbol:
    Attached Files

Hi Atlas,

This image is blank to me. Could you give more details or repost another image?

Thanks,

Comment

Ahh yes...

The Hang Seng futures. For me it was the Mini version.

I reported in this forum that we only had data back till July2003 and was told to email esignal directly.

I emailed esignal tech support with the above info and also mentioned the dupe daily bars problem.

No response. I emailed again 3 weeks later. Still no response.

I've almost given up.

Comment

Please post a screen shot of the problem. We'll certainly look into it. As Andy indicated, atlas's screenshot appears black so we haven't successfully diagnosed the problem yet.

Thanks.

Comment

Appears blank? You mean this image (png) only shows up in Opera?

Amazing, you are right. I guess IE does not show png's. Here is a jpg version:
          Attached Files

Comment

atlas
            FWIW IE will show png (see attached)
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Any update?
              Still the same problem.

Comment

Hi,

Something is going awry here just not sure what the underlying cause is yet. You can also readily see the problem if you look at the data in tabular format via Data Export. Several days of matching OHLC. We're looking into the programming and we'll get back to this thread ASAP.

Thanks.

Comment

While we are not quite sure what's causing these dup bars yet ( we also found similiar problem with MHI H4-HKF ), we are in the processing of fixing the dup bars from Jan, Feb and Mar. You can do a refresh on the chart and you'll see the ones since mid-Feb now fixed. To refresh, use ctrl-key and click on green status box in the chart cursor window.

More as we figure it out. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                    While we are not quite sure what's causing these dup bars yet ( we also found similiar problem with MHI H4-HKF ), we are in the processing of fixing the dup bars from Jan, Feb and Mar. You can do a refresh on the chart and you'll see the ones since mid-Feb now fixed. To refresh, use ctrl-key and click on green status box in the chart cursor window.

More as we figure it out. Thanks for the report.
                    Hi Scott,

Is there any update on this?
                    I think a good number of months still have the dupe Daily bars.

What is more alarming is that I have discovered just recently that the Historical Intraday data on the Mini Hang Sengs is missing!

I have tried MHI H2004-HKF and variations on the month code to no avail for intraday charts. The daily verson works but the dupe bars problem is still rampant.

This missing intraday charts problem has been confirmed by Alexis on another thread. (I wasn't asking for a solution... just asked for someone to double check)

Could someone pls do something about this missing historical intraday data? And ideally the dupe daily bars too.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

I don't see the intra-day data on MHI H2004-HKF either so I'll report that to QA to investigate. On the dup bars, I don't see the "rampant" problem you are seeing. Please post screen shots of either the chart or the tabular data via data export.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I don't see the intra-day data on MHI H2004-HKF either so I'll report that to QA to investigate. On the dup bars, I don't see the "rampant" problem you are seeing. Please post screen shots of either the chart or the tabular data via data export.

Thanks.
                        Thanks Scott!

Ok, I apologize for the word "rampant". It's probably not THAT bad.

Jan Daily chart attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the screenshot. Those dup bars actually pre-date the inquiry in Mid-March so we missed fixing those then. Looks like there are no new occurrences so that's good. We will get these fixed but as you know, we're having a problem with the intraday data on those contracts and that's getting in our way at the moment. Engineering is working on it.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for posting the screenshot. Those dup bars actually pre-date the inquiry in Mid-March so we missed fixing those then. Looks like there are no new occurrences so that's good. We will get these fixed but as you know, we're having a problem with the intraday data on those contracts and that's getting in our way at the moment. Engineering is working on it.

Thanks.
                            Yes I understand, Scott.
                            Just glad that the intraday data is being worked on.

Thanks.

Comment

Update on problem getting intraday data on expired HKF contracts (ex. MHI H2004-HKF ).

It appears that this is a desktop software issue and not server-related. Still awaiting word from Engineering but when you make a request for this symbol, the desktop is actually passing MHI H4-HKF instead, hence no data is being returned. Issue also applies to expired New Zealand and Italian futures (-NZF and -IDM).

May require a new release (like 7.7) or it might be addressable in a tab file that could simply be uploaded on our servers and loaded to your desktop the next time you log-on. I'll report back when I hear back from Engineering.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X