Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question re: Forex data

Hi all,
    I added the forex data feed last night, but can't quite work out what's going on. I've been comparing it to 3 other providers ( Oanda, FXCM & Metaquotes), and the esig data is showing spikes compared to the other services in the same time frame.
    Also, on the EUR A0-FX 1-30min charts I have a low of 1.2044 @ 00h31 EST 29/04. Yet hourly chart is only showing a low of 2088 for that hour. I've refreshed several times & made sure "Preserve existing bars" is not checked (Ensign).
    Am I missing something fundamental here in my configuration or is the data screwed??

BTW, on another note, why is Esig offering Tahoe charts & Forex for $49 all up, yet as a subscriber to another plan I have to pay $50 just for the data add-on service? It would be cheaper for me to subscribe to it as a seperate service, except the data manager won't co-exist with a current esig install, according to Chuck-T. A little unfair to your current subscribers don't you think?

And while I'm on my soapbox, it would be great if we, the consumer, could pick & choose the services *we* want instead of being shoehorned into expensive plans (relative to what we actually need) which don't meet our needs. For my self, all I want is forex & futures, nothing else. But can I add futures to the basic plan? Nope! I've got to jump up to something more than twice/three times the price just to enable access to anything more than the e-minis.</end rant>
    Beachie

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Our Forex feed has over 200 contributors, giving us far more # of quotes each day than most of the single source providers. On the downside, with this high # of contributors comes the likelihood of more quotes out of range. This FAQ elaborates on the value of our Forex data and links to a comparison study from Dec with two other Forex data sources. I don't see the bad tick on EUR A0-FX that you reference so if you still see it on your chart, please use our bad tick reporter to let us know.

In terms of pricing, we basically look at our cost basis and the competitive landscape to determine our fee structure. Tahoe Charts is not really an apples for apples comparison since if you subscribe to TC w/Forex, that's all you can get. No stocks, no futures, no options. It's a package deal that will fit a certain niche market but doesn't really compare to the robust set of features and services offered with eSignal.

We've made quite a few changes to our Basic Plan, like adding Forex and News, but we are still holding off adding Futures or Options to that plan for the time being.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott for your reply. The data seems to have righted itself for that paricular instance. Still seeing differences relative to the other suppliers. It's especially noticeable when using candlesticks, as esig data *seems* to have a lot more long tails & masts compared to other providers. Will keep monitoring.

As for the other matters, you can see my point though can't you? I know the Tahoe package is only for Forex, but it's still $10 cheaper as a stand-alone package compared to adding just the data component to an already existing plan. That seems to be actually penalizing existing subscribers? Run it on a seperate computer & your $10/mth better off.

Now $10 mightn't seem much, but for international subscribers the exchange rate can make it closer to $15 -18. Which is why I was having a whinge about not being able to customize the data options to suit my needs. And I'd doubt that I'm on my lonesome. I'd hazard a guess that quite a few of your international customers don't require stock/ option data, concentrating more on the futures & forex markets.
      cheers
      Beachie

Comment

Please see http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=7329 for a discussion of the problems with the forex data.

Comment

Working...
        X