Index Option Price Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Option Price Problem

I am noticing a problem with option prices (at least index options, I've not checked stock options) in eSig. The problem seems to be most extreme in options that have zero (0) volume in a particular day, but is not limited to that.

The problem shows up in Quote windows. I am using 7.6 636A.

For example, OEX July put option OEB ST today has quoted 4.70/5.40, yet the streaming price that OptionsXpress is a) updated much more frequently and b) is different than that quoted by OX.

Furthermore, I will often note that I place a bid on an option that shows up right away on OX streamer, yet does not show up on eSig quote right away and often not at all.

My anecdotal experience is that this seems to be more of a problem with lower volume options.

This problem has really stung me a few times as I've bid too high, or sold too low!

I've verified that the problem is not with my setup by chatting with other eSig users that have verified specific prices at the same time. It is a general problem.

Any ideas or solutions?
    Last edited by ericpeterman; 04-07-2004, 10:11 AM.

Hi,

Please review these FAQ's on our Options data, specifically the ones related to zero volume options. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X