Unable to load ES M4=2 before open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to load ES M4=2 before open

I use the tick and volume bar intervals on advanced charts ('T' and 'V') for futures contracts I trade and because they take so long to load I preload them in the morning before they actively trade. This works fine for ES M4 for example but with ES m4=2 I get the response of "No Data". Only at the open does that chart begin to update.

Why can I not retrieve previous days' Tick and Volume bar charts for the "=2" contracts before the open?

buhrmaster

buhrmaster
    This could be due to the Time Template set to 1 Day for those intervals (T and V).
    Try setting it to 2 Days and you should have data prior to market starting
    Alex

Comment

I am using the default 24 hour time template that comes with esignal. It indicates that the number of days is dynamic. And besides after the open I get multiple days (although it takes several attempts to load the data. Generally the first time I only get 2 days' worth. I laod the data by click Ctrl + OK in the cursor window). For example, right now I have at least five days of data at the 750T interval.

buhrmaster

Comment

buhrmaster
        Perhaps you may want to try setting a defined number of Days in the Time Template rather than leaving it as Dynamic.
        Just a suggestion
        Alex

Comment

Quirky -- but it works. Set time template for V interval at five days, and got three. So I gather it operates on a calendar, not trading, day basis.

Thanks for your idea.

buhrmaster

Comment

Working...
          X