Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing data on COMEX since 1st June 2004

Hi,

Since the 1st of June I seem to not get the previous days data updated when looking at the COMEX exchange....

for instance today (8th June) I have no data for yest in the GCQ4, HGN4, & SI N4...

It's not that yesterday's data is completely blank....but i get a range that is completely absurd given what I saw yesterday...HGN4's range for yesterday is 12650 12655...in reality the range was ~ 12285 to 12680...

Any suggestions?

Hi Arvane,

I'm sending this information over to the QA department for review. They will take a look at the historical data and compare to make sure the OHLC data is correct. If you could please PM me your eSignal username, it would help in isolating any issues that you are experiencing. Thanks.

Comment

COMEX HGN4

COMEX HGN4

Comment

Hi Arvane,

HG N4 should be ok now. If you are still seeing the incorrect bar on that symbol, please refresh by holding the CNTRL key and left clicking the mouse on the word "OK" in the server status of the cursor window. We are still investigating the other contracts mentioned in your previous post. As soon as we have any information to add, we'll reply back to this thread. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

Thank you. Since I also run Tradestation I noticed this problem started occurring the 31 May / 1st of June....any idea of why?

...and do you know if the tech people have solved the problem or merely fixed today's data?

thanks,
          james

Comment

Hi James,

The fix that went through yesterday was two fold. The repair of the daily bar on HG N4 was a single adjustment of the daily data. The overall issue of why this occurred is still being worked on. I haven't received a hard timeline for when this is to be implemented, but running through the contracts this morning, it looks ok from here. Could you let me know if you are still seeing the issue? Thanks.

Comment

just a heads up that this issue is currently plaguing my GC Q4 chart this morning...about 1/4 of Friday's range is present...

I've exited eSignal and restarted to no avail...ctrl-click no worky either...

-james

Comment

Hi James,

Would you mind PM' ing me your eSignal username so we can take a look at your current connections? I'll send this over to QA, but it helps to have a specific network location to isolate any issues. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

I've gone over several days of GC Q4 comparing 60min charts to Daily charts.

What I have found appears to point out an error in the way eSignal composites the day session only versus all sessions.

Daily data shows discrepancies when comparing the High/Lows of intra-day charts versus the daily charts...and this issue becomes worse if I apply a time template...

James

Comment

Thanks James. I see some discrepancies as well. Reporting those to our QA Team and Engineers to investigate these.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Just heard back from our QA Team, and the engineers continue their work on correcting the underlying issues with the metals. They've narrowed the issue down to two areas, and are working on troubleshooting them and crafting/testing some fixes. As soon as we have more information on these issues (i.e. ETAs, etc,) we'll follow-up on this post.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Any new word on this?...with all the movement in the precious metals I'm getting tired of correcting my charts everyday...

Comment

This has been narrowed down to some issues in the new end-of-day summary messages coming from COMEX. Our QA Engineers are working with them to make sure this gets straightened out. No ETA available yet on this. Please note that our QA Engineers are manually correcting the daily data each day, so you may not need to double up the efforts on this... it may just be a matter of refreshing the chart a few hours after the close. (A refresh can be done by holding down Ctrl, and clicking on the Green OK on the Cursor Window.)
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay...that helps loads...

Comment

Working...
                            X