Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody recommend the best datafeed package for Futures Traders

Hello,

I am very new to Esignal Advanced GET and wish to use both this and Tradestation.

I thought I saw a datafeed package for Futures Traders only, but have been unable to get any further information about it.

I need to support TS2000i & Advanced GET.

So far, the cost's for RT seem very high (I am only starting out in Futures tRading with a very small account of $21,000).

I apologise for the 'newbie' question, but the UK support reps are useless and cannot suggest the package I need.

If anybody can help, I would be very greatful. An e-mail address or URL to the relevant part of the main USA Esignal site wouldbe very helpful OR if any of you are pure Futures traders what are you using ?

Kevin
    Kevin Raggett
    Manchester
    England

Hi,

Our pricing is pretty straightforward now so I'm wondering if there's something special about your set-up if we weren't able to direct you to the right package.

From what you've said here. our Premier Level service looks like the obvious choice. It gives access to all Futures markets ( Basic plan only allows CME emini and CBOT mini) and gives access to Advanced Charting (which you need if you want to add-on GET studies). Looks like you don't need the next level of eSignal service unless you also follow Stock and Index options. All of our services will feed TS2000i.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks.

P.S. We used to carry a Futures only bundle but we merged it with our Equity only plan to create the Premier plan quite a few months back. Perhaps that's where the confusion is.

Comment

Re: Can anybody recommend the best datafeed package for Futures Traders

Originally posted by turtletrader
      Hello,

I am very new to Esignal Advanced GET and wish to use both this and Tradestation.

I thought I saw a datafeed package for Futures Traders only, but have been unable to get any further information about it.

I need to support TS2000i & Advanced GET.

So far, the cost's for RT seem very high (I am only starting out in Futures tRading with a very small account of $21,000).

I apologise for the 'newbie' question, but the UK support reps are useless and cannot suggest the package I need.

If anybody can help, I would be very greatful. An e-mail address or URL to the relevant part of the main USA Esignal site wouldbe very helpful OR if any of you are pure Futures traders what are you using ?

Kevin
      I'm daytrading futures since 1995 with Esignal datafeed in realtime and Tradestation 2000i for TA. This is according to me the best combination that exist.
      Esignal is very reliable, almost never missing quotes and the price is reasonable. With Tradestation 2000i for the TA part you have the best cobination possible.
      I agree that support in the London office is horrible. Support in the US office is excellent. So if you have any problem just contact the US office, not the London office.
      As i trade only Eminis (S&P) i only need the cheapest formula called Basic. Costs 768 $ on a yearly base in cluded Eminis + VAT.

All the info you need is available at: http://www.esignal.com/

Comment

Spike500,

Thanks for the compliment regarding our US support office. In terms of our London office, I've asked the London Call Center Manager to get in contact with you to get some specifics on your experiences with our London support team.

Late last year, we did identify that we needed to make some changes in London and have made quite a few since the start of this year. Those changes include a department re-org, a management change, the hiring of two more reps and an overhaul of our training programs. We're very confident that we're addressing all the areas that needed more attention.

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.

Comment

UK product support further info FAO Scott & Spike

Hi,

Firstly, I I appreciate your feedback on the datafeed package you recommend for Futures and to use in conjunction with TS2000i and Advanced GET Real Time.

I must admit, I sent about 5 e-mails to one individual in the London office who in the area of product knowledge had a great deal to learn.

She also, stated in one e-mail "That neither TS2000i or Advanced GET" could function without a datafeed ! Really, after programming and designing computer systems for 20 years, I really needed to know that.

Whomever this individual is (well I know her name), they are badly trained and give a very bad first impression of Esignal as
          a company. Once again, when I contacted the US office, I got sensible and very fast responses as did Spike.

I have been contacted by an individual in customer support as a result of your e-mail Scott. Unfortunately, that e-mail has gone amiss. He wanted furthr information about my 'experience' with the UK office. Perhaps you could forward this to him or he may see it himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a summary of the questions I asked and the 'replies' I received.

1. I asked for a recommended datafeed as a pre-sales customer and received the reply, I cannot find your customer details please supply them.

2. I then sent an e-mail wit the title "I need advice on which datafeed package to sign up for <<#50630-261663#>> Hello - details enclosed with the package I believe I need but if a cheaper package is available for Futures trading only that is what I want. I saw it somewhere on the site but cannot find it now. Could you take a look please ?".

The reply was :

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

To sign you up for eSignal I need the following information from you :

First and last name

Full address

Day time phone number

Desired product and exchanges

Where exactly did I ask to sign up for Esignal - I am trying to find out some specific information, so I know what to sign up for ?!

Third & last e-mail I have on file (I deleted the rest in exasperation), with title :

"I need advice on which datafeed package to sign up for <<#50630-261663#>> Hello - details enclosed with the package I believe I need but if a cheaper package is available for Futures trading only that is what I want".

Here is the reply :

3. Kevin,

Thank you for your email. Our data can be very easily put into Tradestation200i, there is a documation about this in our FAQ’s.

Indeed signing up for an annual prepay is saving you a huge amount of money, considering that will increase our monthly fees as of next month.

However, no matter if you go for a monthly or a yearly payment : your first 30 days will be a 30 day with a money back guarantee in case you wish to terminate your trial within this period. We would refund you all the eSignal fees and only retain the exchange fees for the first month.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

<omitted for sake of embarrassment of individual concerned)

1. Now, none of them address the key issue of "Is there a special package for Futures Traders regarding the datafeed ?".

2. They all, just want me to sign up for Esignal (that is a very generic thing, hence my desire to find the package to best meet my Futures Trading needs).

3. In the last e-mail, she references FAQ's about using TS with esignal.

She cannot even be bothered to include a URL (if she knows what one is and how to include it in an e-mail).
          Kevin Raggett
          Manchester
          England

Comment

Kevin,

Thanks for the additional information. You certainly point out where we need some additional training and you've given us enough information here to determine who you were working with.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X