Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months data for vol. charts

Hi,

I am looking to do backtesting for my set up....... Having problem with getting data for vol. charts for 6 months,

it looks like the vol. charts and tick charts only go back 10 days, which is not enough!

what can I do ?

Mashhad,

The way our database is structured, we currently carry 10 days of tick data, 120 days of intraday data and 10 years of daily data. Here is the related FAQ. The scope of our back testing feature is confined to these thresholds.

Comment

Duane,

yes, I am aware of this info.
      I am putting a suggestion to hopefully change this ......
      let me know if this is something that can be done in ease .....I know a few other members at my chatroom who have the same complaint about e-signal not showing more than 10 days of data on tick or vol. charts.......

how can one test a set up based on 10 days info.? it is simply not enough.....

My only other choice is to go to your competitor (tradestation), unless someone is able to help me......

Is this something can be done in the near future?

Comment

Mashhad,

We are continually working to increase the amount of data we provide our clients. There aren't any short term plans to have these thresholds increased, but over time we hope to be able to increase our current offerings. I'll pass the request along to the Product Development Team, but if you have any requests, thoughts or specific ideas about the platform or data capacity, please feel free to send them to [email protected].

Comment

mashhad,

Every weekend download the prior week's tick data using Tools/Tick Replay/Tick Downloader. After a while you will accumulate enough data to get where you want to go. This data can be used for all interval formats, including V.

Comment

thx Gavishti

see, the problem is if I want 6 months info, I got to wait 6 months if I do that......

I just found out Tradestation offers the data for up to 5 years instantly!
            so it can't be that complicated to do...... if E-Signal wants to do it, it can be done.......

I hate switching to Tradestation for something that E-Signal should be looking into doing anyways, a lot of people use tick or vol. charts these days because min charts are too slow, so why not cater to them instread of sending them somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
            X