FOREX_Problem with Daily bar chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOREX_Problem with Daily bar chart

There is a problem with the opening price of today's daily bar for all FOREX data. All opening prices are incorrect. I am not able to attach a file but a candlestick bar chart of eur a0-fx will show the problem

pta123
    FWIW here is the chart I am seeing at my end.
    Even if you are not posting a chart you may still want to provide a description of the issue
    Alex

Comment

This is what I get
      Attached Files

Comment

Another example
        Attached Files

Comment

I called customer service and was told that the problem was with the server I was connected to. A change of server solved the problem

Comment

Hi pta123,

In cases where this kind of erroneous tick gets through, there are a couple of options that may be of some help. Obviously we want to filter these ticks as quickly as possible server side, but we do have some local filtering that may work until we get it repaired. The Bar Editor lets eSignal users filter their data locally.

The Bar Editor lets the end-user set the OHLC for any given bar data on any interval. In cases of daily data, one may have to reference the intraday data to get the correct values.

Also by using the Bad Tick Reporter, it lets the QA folks know that there is something amiss and needs immediate attention.

Comment

I tried using the bar editor to change the values of the OHLC for today's bar (in a daily bar chart) but I am not able to change the values. I have no problems editing the values for the previous days. Please advise.

Comment

Hi Pta123,

I may have misunderstood. In regards to working with the Bar Editor, it is limited to fixing historical bars/data. In the case where we are working with current data or a daily bar that is still in process of building, the bar editor isn't a viable solution. Looking at the image in your post, it will be best to send the issue through the Bad Tick Reporter so that the QA team can work with it and fix the data from the server side. You can also call the technical support department as we can also report these types of issues to QA directly. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X