Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay in updating of mini Russell quotes (AB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in updating of mini Russell quotes (AB)

I noticed eSignal has a slight delay in updating quotes for e-mini Russell (AB U4 or AB #F), compared to Interactive Brokers. This has resulted in indicators not updating properly (obviously) and lagging signals, and sometimes getting stopped out too early out of my position.

By the time I react to the signal on the chart (for example, setting my profit targets farther, or getting into a new position based on a new signal), the price has jumped 4-5 points ahead of me in my broker software and I enter in at a less than optimal price.

Esignal, please resolve this!

Wavetrader, this has been a long-running issue. eSignal improved things considerably when they switched to a different input from CME (or was it that the non-broker feed was put on a par with the broker outputs) about a year ago. It seems it is still an issue from what you say. Too bad I am on the Hong Kong server for IB, I could check again.

Comment

wavetrader,

Does this delay only occur during certain time, or is it occurring all the time? Also, how long have you been seeing this?
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Is this only an AB problem?

I never see this on NQ.

However, that may explain why I do so poorly every time I try to trade the AB...

-c

Comment

Russell 2000 intraday freezes

Hi Jay,
          I've been having this problem too and have been dealing with tech support on it since July 12th (Reference # 1829593) with no resolution so far. For example, last Wednesday (the 27th) I had 10 freezes on AB #F lasting 1 to 3 minutes each. If I switch my Layout to 6E #F, for example, no problems. Checking back, it doesn't seem related to fast market conditions. When a freeze occurs, other tickers in my quote sheet (eg ES NQ,ZB,YM) keep updating. Rebooting doesn't fix it. It just starts back up when it feels like it. Trading is demanding enough without this. Thank goodness for Sierra Charts backup! Hope you can get some senior level attention and priority on fixing this.

Best regards,
          Bob
          Last edited by Bob A.; 08-03-2004, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Russell 2000 freezes

Just to head off this line of diagnosis, I'm running on a full-blown Power User machine: 3.0 Ghz with HT and 800 FSB plus 2GB Ram and dual Raid drives. This machine was running eSignal and nothing else, not even a browser.
            Last edited by Bob A.; 08-03-2004, 07:45 AM.

Comment

It seems like there may be two different issues here. On one hand (please correct me if I'm wrong) wavetrader is reporting a "slight delay" on AB futures (I'm interpreting as 1-2 seconds max as "slight"). On the other hand, Bob A. is talking about 1-3 minute delay. Anyone else seeing delays on AB similar to either of these?

Bob, how often are you seeing this? Have you tried a watered down Layout to see if the problem persists?

wavetrader, is my interpretation correct? Is this about 1-2 delay? How often is it occurring for you?

I watched AB fut's for about 30 minutes and didn't see any stoppages occur (not sure if it's just coincidence or something else.)
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

As I mentioned in my previous post it happens about 10 times a day. Haven't tried a watered down layout yet (but have created one and will) but remember two points I made before. All other tickers in my Quotesheet kept on updating and the same layout running EUR (6E #F) works fine as far as I can tell. My next step, now that I've sorted out an unrelated IE problem, will be to have a Webex session with tech support during RTH.

Regards,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                  It seems like there may be two different issues here. On one hand (please correct me if I'm wrong) wavetrader is reporting a "slight delay" on AB futures (I'm interpreting as 1-2 seconds max as "slight"). On the other hand, Bob A. is talking about 1-3 minute delay. Anyone else seeing delays on AB similar to either of these?

Bob, how often are you seeing this? Have you tried a watered down Layout to see if the problem persists?

wavetrader, is my interpretation correct? Is this about 1-2 delay? How often is it occurring for you?

I watched AB fut's for about 30 minutes and didn't see any stoppages occur (not sure if it's just coincidence or something else.)
                  I am using AB U4, Bob is using AB #F I think.

You should try watching it for one entire day. 30 minutes will not quite do it because this delay happens spradically throught the entire day. You will notice a definite delay if you watch it for an entire day.

In addition, I've got a layout that has several different charts of AB U4 with the same timeframe - some are simple charts, some a bit more complicated.
                  What's interesting is that sometimes the simpler charts get delayed in updating its bars than the complex ones (same timeframe). Doesn't make sense.

Please look into this or escalate its priority level, as this is quite important to us who trade on a daily basis.

Thank you,
                  wavetrader

ps. I will try to get a snapshot if this (if I can, as the mini Russell moves too fast)... Precisely the reason why this needs to be addressed immediately.

Comment

Hi Bob, Wavetrader,

We'll continue to take a close look at this. Seems very odd that one symbol on your charts would experience this, but not others, which indicate the program is not freezing up. This has been forwarded to our QA group for further investigation. I have a request in to see if there's been other complaints phoned in on this.

Bob, I read the notes on your incident. You mentioned something about the need for an "EFS resource measure" tool. There is a tool in which you can monitor EFS formulas to see if any are resource intensive. To bring up that tool in eSignal, go to Tools-->EFS-->Performance Monitor.

Andy

Comment

EFS Performance Monitor

Hi Andy,

I've been using the EFS Perf Monitor for the past 6 months. My point to Tech Support (and I've made it several times before) was that no one can tell me if the Total Times and Avg Times for my EFSs are significant in terms of eSignal's total load on my computer. I suggested (again) that Development should give Tech Support (and us Power Users too) guidelines on this.

As a case in point, on July 28, from 9:00 to 4:15 my Total EFS load for the day was 179204ms Total Time on 1068112 Calls and 0.1678ms Avg Time. My heaviest individual EFS had 50124ms Total Time on 120709 Calls with 0.4152 Avg. Time.

So eSignal's mission (should you choose to accept it) is to tell me the significance of these numbers as I haven't the faintest idea.

Best regards,

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

We will get some guidelines on that report back here.

Thanks,
                        Andy

Comment

Just wanted to update this thread. We've been doing testing of AB #F & AB U4 against some of our competitors and have yet to see any delays on this.

If this is still an issue, I'd like to perform further testing by getting your layouts and testing exactly what you have are loading within eSignal to see if we can recreate this.

Let me know if this is some thing you would like to have us do.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by AndyS
                            Just wanted to update this thread. We've been doing testing of AB #F & AB U4 against some of our competitors and have yet to see any delays on this.

If this is still an issue, I'd like to perform further testing by getting your layouts and testing exactly what you have are loading within eSignal to see if we can recreate this.

Thanks,
                            YES, it is still very much an issue. Here I was able to capture one of many instances today when ESignal was not in sync with my broker's quotes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

another example - out of sync quotes

Originally posted by AndyS

Thanks,
                              Here's another example... Although the difference is only 1 tic, but nonetheless, ESignal should be in sync. A lot of times today, I entered at a price based on the ESignal charts, but on my broker's quotes, I was way behind by 3-4 tics.

I suggest you don't compare ESignal to other quote providers. Maybe you should compare it with broker's quotes, like Interactive Brokers.

Let me know which e-mail I should send my layouts to. What else should I include with it?

Thanks,
                              wavetrader
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X