Was this fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this fixed?

Also, it seems that tick charts still freeze when changing symbols, e.g. 6E #f => YM #F.

Build 653

If new chart data has to be requested from the server, then that is likely the cause of the freeze. Once all the chart data is brought in, then the chart will display the data and free back up. If this does not match your experience, then please describe the situation further.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Ok, just wanted to be sure. I guess it works differently than interval charts. In there, only the number of values that could fit on one screenful is fetched at a time, until you scroll backward. What seems to be happening in tick charts, is that many, many screenfuls are retrieved, but then the scrolling backwards is very quick.

Comment

atlas
        That is because with time based charts the program downloads only the data required to fill in the chart (assuming you are using Dynamic Templates as seems to be the case). With tick based charts instead the program downloads the data for the whole day (or days depending on what you have set up in the Time Template) even if only a segment of it would be required to fill the chart.
        Alex

Comment

Ok, just to be clear here, I am referring to single tick charts, where the bid / ask are displayed and each trade is shown. I understand what you are saying. I don't see why tick charts are treated differently. If I have a multitick chart that needs 250 bars to fill the screen, fine go fetch the data. If I only have a tiny tick window, and want to switch between various instruments to see the current action, I don't see why I need to download the entire day in this case.

Comment

atlas
            Any chart that uses a tick as the minimum resolution (including the one you are referring to and T&S) is a tick-based chart
            At this time eSignal servers fulfill data requests for tick-based charts in segments of one whole day minimum. This also explains why Start/End times in a Time Template do not apply with tick-based charts
            FWIW eSignal indicated that they have plans to modify the way tick servers fulfill data requests but have not provided any release date as to when this may be implemented.
            Alex

Comment

Cool, thanks Alex.

Comment

Working...
              X