Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I create NEW heading / formula in the quote window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I create NEW heading / formula in the quote window?

The quote window lets you add fields such as Last, Prev, Change, etc. I know how to add existing headings to the quote window.

There are several custom fields I want to create, not just one.

For example, I want to do is create a new, custom field called "C1" where C1 = Last - Open - 0.25.

I know that it's possible to create new chart studies using EFS, but how do I create a new calculated field that I can add to the quote window? I have other non-Esignal software and feeds that allow me to do this, so hopefully there's a way to do it in eSignal.
    Last edited by chriscoscia; 04-13-2008, 05:59 PM.

Hi,

That functionality is planned but not available as of yet. I think you will see it in an upcoming release though. 10.2 or 10.3 perhaps.

Thanks.

Comment

I am interested in having custom formula functionality in the quote window. In fact I think this is a 'must have' feature for any decent trading software these days.

To this end have you got an estimated release date for this functionality to be added to esignal?

Thanks
      Jonathan

Comment

Sorry but no specific timeframe at this stage.

Thanks.

Comment

Is there any update on this, either in the current software or for eSignal 11?

Comment

With eSignal 11, we'll finally have a multi-threaded code base that will allow us to add many features that weren't practical on the existing 10.xx framework. Formulas in a quote window is one excellent example. It won't be there in the first release but I do expect it to be added by the next couple of releases after that.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X