"an invalid argument was encountered" error window pops up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi e-signal team.
    I am also encountering the same error message from my XP Professional computer.

I upgraded from 10.0 to 10.2 and most of the built in and most custom built efs are not functioning.

Did you guys figure out what may be the problem?

thanks

Comment

Hi there, I am also encountering the same problem with a lot of my efs scripts. I am using XP Professional Service Pack 3.

It appears that the error is generated by the "comments" within the script i.e. the one begins with /*

When I delete the comments, the efs works fine.

The problem I am facing is that some of the efs files i have downloaded from file sharing, such as the woddie bottom panel, the efs is password protected and i cant delete the comments within the script.

Initialy I thought it has something to do with my Chinese operating system (also windows xp professional service pack 3) but then I tired it on my vista computer as well as an english xp, the problem persists.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

That's great detective work, thank you! I'll make sure our EFS developers see your post and do some more specific testing.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks Scott, I read from the posts below that the earlier versions of esignal did not have the problem. Can you let me know where I can download the earlier version of esignal? say version 10 or version 8?
          Thanks again

Comment

Links to previous versions can be found in KB article 3579.

Thanks.

Comment

Update:

Our engineers were able to reproduce the problem using Chinese regional settings under an English OS (and using Chinese OS) so we should be able to address this for the 10.3 release (going into beta later this month).

Thanks.

Comment

Hi there,

I just dealt with a client with the same error.
                Whilst working with this client, we confirmed this problem has been resolved in the 10.3 version of our program which is now available here.
                Could you please update to this version and let us know if you require any additional assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X