Tick Download - Out of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Download - Out of memory

eSignal ssems to cache the whole download before doing a disk write.
    Every week I tend to download a full 10days of ES tick.
    That was no possible last week (ending 10th) because I got "out of memory" or similar error (and you, a busy week of course have to restart eSignal afterwards, you can't re-run it).

Could this limitation be removed before it becomes more serious pleased.

Thanks

see my post in the thread about download throughput.

This memory problem is with the first 10.2 release.

eSignal pls note - there seems to be both a speed and a memory bug in 10.2 tick download.

Comment

Dave,

I apologize for the delay in responding but I through we had answered this post but it appears you have several regarding the tick downloader.

As I had mentioned in this post we're aware of the issue with the preformance of the tick downloader and we have plans to address it in an upcoming release.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery, thanks, but no response needed to this given other thread replied to. Sorry I missed Alexis' eralier post.

One query though, I think, despite having disabled TSTQ, that the historic tick download to a chart is much slower than before. I was told tht the slowness I see is because of TSTQ. However, now that TSTQ is disabled I'm not seeing a noticeable improvement (but I've not measured it and compared it with earlier versions). Could it be that a similar problem to the Replay Downloaded is affecting the chart download? Take a look at a multi-day 20000V ES #F chart, I see the historic bars download/form at the rate of only 2 or 3 per second. That is tedious.

Also, you could look at the "slipping lines" problem (bug?) if you felt inclined. link

Comment

Dave,

With upgrades to our server farm and several enhancements on how the the eSignal application handles tick data we're confident that you should not be experiencing any issues with downloading tick data to the charts or the Tick Downloader.

I've personally tested the 2000v chart in the newest version 10.3.1491 and found that it's loading much quicker then in previous versions.

If this continues to be an issue for you please let us know.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD 1 DAY TICKDATA

i am using marketdelta and it is not possible to download tickdata for friday in the es.

my normal advanced get stup with some tickcharts took 2 hours today to load up all data

this problems started in the middle of last week.

regards

vienna

Comment

Working...
            X