Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB outlines still lost

Hello Jason,

I've installed the latest 10.3 (dated 12/30). Nice that templates, hotkeys and all other personalized things automatically get carried over.

----- QB black Outlines ----
    I notice the black outlines for the QB thermometers are still lost. I find the QB with black outlines much cleaner and easier to see (per attached). This outline was apparently unintentionally lost somewhere in the 10.x changes. Though a small thing, hopefully it will be fixed?

---- HotKey Conflict ------------
    The readme.txt file said " Hot keys / customized keyboard conflicts have been resolved " I use the single hotkey letter 'D' to Draw a ray, i.e. I type 'DY2' to Draw a Yellow ray with thickness of 2. As a result I can't directly type the symbol DELL into a chart, as it wants to draw a ray, but that's ok. But in a quote list I still can't directly enter DELL either. Since to draw a ray in a quote list is meaningless, I thought maybe that readme.txt line above meant that was fixed. No big deal, as I think hotkeys were not intended to be single letter.

----- 60 minute template fixed ? --------------
    This is a big deal, that this template has not worked for years. It wasn't listed in the readme.txt file ... is it fixed? I waited until after the close to see, using the QQQQ. The close today (Dec 30)on intraday QQQQ charts (except 60 min) is 29.48. Even my substitute 65 minute chart shows 29.48 as the close. But the 60 minute chart shows 29.39???? At least it is not updating with after-market changes, but it is not right either. Was anything done to fix this in 10.3?

------ Small lags ----------
    After only 20 minutes and low holiday volume, no freezing issues. But I am noticing some lags when I switch active windows. When I switch to a chart after being in a quote list, then try to draw some Fib lines, it takes one or two seconds before the Fib tool will appear. Hopefully this isn't a small P4 issue that will blossom into freezing when market activity picks up.

Regards
    shaeffer
    Attached Files

Re: QB outlines still lost

Originally posted by shaeffer

----- 60 minute template fixed ? --------------
    This is a big deal, that this template has not worked for years. It wasn't listed in the readme.txt file ... is it fixed? I waited until after the close to see, using the QQQQ. The close today (Dec 30)on intraday QQQQ charts (except 60 min) is 29.48. Even my substitute 65 minute chart shows 29.48 as the close. But the 60 minute chart shows 29.39???? At least it is not updating with after-market changes, but it is not right either. Was anything done to fix this in 10.3?
    Interesting .. yesterday the QQQQ 60 minute chart showed a close of 29.39, and this morning (before the open) a close of 29.60. I believe the 29.60 is correct for 4:30 EST, so it appears that the 60 minute template is not fixed. I am disappointed ... in my opinion one shouldn't add icing to a cake when the cake itself is not quite right. Or choose to add an MP3 player to your car instead of replacing two bald tires.

Comment

Re: Re: QB outlines still lost

shaeffer
      As Scott Johnson explained to you in this thread the issue you are referring to has to do with the tick server [rather than the desktop ie application] which does not recognize an end time but only a request for the start time and a number of bars and that to be resolved requires an update of the tick servers which he stated was as few months out
      Alex

Interesting .. yesterday the QQQQ 60 minute chart showed a close of 29.39, and this morning (before the open) a close of 29.60. I believe the 29.60 is correct for 4:30 EST, so it appears that the 60 minute template is not fixed. I am disappointed ... in my opinion one shouldn't add icing to a cake when the cake itself is not quite right. Or choose to add an MP3 player to your car instead of replacing two bald tires.

Comment

Hi Alex,

I should have remembered Scott's previous answer - instead I just opened 10.3 looking for results. In the interim, is this something an efs could address, where any data received after 4:00 EST would not be plotted?

Regards
        shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
          EFS does not have control over how the chart plots
          Alex

Hi Alex,

I should have remembered Scott's previous answer - instead I just opened 10.3 looking for results. In the interim, is this something an efs could address, where any data received after 4:00 EST would not be plotted?

Regards
          shaeffer

Comment

Re: QB outlines still lost

Hello shaeffer,

----- QB black Outlines ----
            I notice the black outlines for the QB thermometers are still lost. I find the QB with black outlines much cleaner and easier to see (per attached). This outline was apparently unintentionally lost somewhere in the 10.x changes. Though a small thing, hopefully it will be fixed?
            This is not a critical change, but we'll give it consideration in a future version.

---- HotKey Conflict ------------
            The readme.txt file said " Hot keys / customized keyboard conflicts have been resolved " I use the single hotkey letter 'D' to Draw a ray, i.e. I type 'DY2' to Draw a Yellow ray with thickness of 2. As a result I can't directly type the symbol DELL into a chart, as it wants to draw a ray, but that's ok. But in a quote list I still can't directly enter DELL either. Since to draw a ray in a quote list is meaningless, I thought maybe that readme.txt line above meant that was fixed. No big deal, as I think hotkeys were not intended to be single letter.
            This was related to the News Manager in our institutional version. If you assign a hot key to 'D' you will be invoking the shortcut anytime you press that key.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi shaeffer,

I'm pleased to report that this is corrected in 10.5 as seen in the below image. Keep an eye out next week for the upcoming beta!

Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the update, Jay. Glad you kept that on the to-do list. I won't be able to try the 10.5 beta quite yet though as my computer is one of those that doesn't run the 10.xx releases very well. Definitely I'll get a new computer though when the 60 minute template is fixed (hint, hint).

Regards
                Shaeffer

Comment

Working...
                X