OnDemand and tick data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnDemand and tick data

Why oh why can I not download tick data with OnDemand? I used to be able to get tick data with Esignal EOD.

Please please give me back my delayed tick data.

Hello BF2,

Tick-level data is not available with this service. As a result, time and sales and tick-based charts (Tick, Volume Bar, Seconds Bar, etc) are not available with eSignal OnDemand. If you need tick-level data, like Time and Sales, you'll want to consider subscribing to one of our other Product Offerings.

From the OnDemand Knowledge Base article 3857

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Do you still offer the original EOD product, or is that now discontinued?

If I resubscribe to it, will it allow me to download tick data at the end of the day, like it used to?

Thanks.

Comment

We no longer market the previous eSignal EOD service (nor make it available to sign-up via the web) but it is still available and essentially remains the same offering as always. Please contact Customer Service or Sales directly to restart that service.

Thanks.

Comment

Can I have multiple eSignal subscriptions on the same machine, one for OnDemand and the other for EOD?

I need both the tick data (without paying a fortune) and the delayed futures data. I guess multiple subscription is the only way.

Thanks.

Comment

You can have multiple account, but you would not be able to run them simultaneously. The only downside is remembering to change out the password on the EOD account before the market opens or you'll receive the market hour restriction message.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Hi
              Is there any plan in near future to provide tick data with OnDemand?

I have had to take a subscription to eSignal EOD just to get the tick data of futures markets, and I don't really like having to subscribe to an outdated product (I had a lot of trouble convincing the eSignal UK sales reps that this product is still being offered, although not advertised... took me days) and don't really wish to repeat the whole process if I can avoid it.

Offering tick data through OnDemand would be the most logical step, because it after all replaces EOD.

Is there any compelling technical/business reason why tick data cannot be offered through OnDemand at the moment?

Thanks, as always.

Comment

There are no current plans to include tick level data with the OnDemand service. The reasons are several fold and include price point, server capacity, etc.

Thank you.

Comment

I'm pleased to announce that we have enhanced certain eSignal OnDemand packages to now include historical tick data. Based on the feedback we have been receiving, it was clear that one restriction was inhibiting the usage of eSignal more than what was intended, i.e. historical tick data. In essence, this is the ability to pull up tick-based charts such as 133T, 5000V, etc. and it is evident that this is a very important feature to this specific market.

As a result, we have expanded the OnDemand Mini Futures and OnDemand Forex packages to include historical tick data. This enhancement is already in place for existing subscribers and will be included for any new subscribers going forward.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

On the site http://www.esignal.com/ondemand/default.aspx
                    there is no more check mark at Tick Data (Time and Sales, Tick Charting).
                    Is historical tick data still included and could it be used into third party software?

Comment

The tick level data was only available to the two special OnDemand versions (Forex and eMini's) both of which have since been discontinued as actively sold services.

Simply put, OnDemand does not support tick level data. You will need to upgrade to eSignal Premier or Premier plus for tick data.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X