Data feed for e-mini futures getting stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data feed for e-mini futures getting stuck

I have been experiencing a problem where it seems that the data feed for ES H9 and ES #F e-mini S&P 500 futures occationally gets stuck. I am not sure if it is a data feed or a software issue. This makes it difficult to daytrade this instrument. However, the data for YM #F, for example, just keeps on going with no problems and that is why I think it is a data feed issue.

I know that ES gets stuck in eSignal because the data in the quote window from my broker platform (InteractiveBrokers) continues to move.

I have reduced the amount of windows to only two (a quote and chart window). In the quote window, I would have both e-mini futures for S&P (ES H9) and the DOW (YM H9) listed. I alternate between these instruments using only one chart window. Whenever the ES symbol freezes on the chart, I can click on YM from the Quote window and everying would be fine for YM. But I can still see on the quote window that ES is still stuck. When I go back to ES on the chart, it still reflects what is displayed on the quote window. If I wait long enough, the data for ES usually "wakes up".

I have phoned support about this problem a few months ago and they suggested that I reduce the number of indicators, including trend lines, on the chart. But then I can't understand why I also see the data bogging down in the quote window.

I have read other posts where I am not the only one experiencing this delay problem and also read that some users fixed the problem by going back to older versions. How can I get a copy of an older version of the software?
    Last edited by hanspeterusa; 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM.

Hi,

There was a problem today with our feed from the CME so today would not be a good example to base any conclusions on. Click here for the notice.

To download previous versions, here's the link.

I'd actually suggest you try the 10.3 beta as performance enhancements will be made in each new version.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Today was indeed a troublesome day. I just installed 10.3 Beta and I'll provide feedback in the forum dedicated for beta testing.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
        Hi,

There was a problem today with our feed from the CME so today would not be a good example to base any conclusions on. Click here for the notice.

To download previous versions, here's the link.

I'd actually suggest you try the 10.3 beta as performance enhancements will be made in each new version.

Thanks.
        {Our Network team has isolated and resolved this issue which was initially caused by a problem at the CME with one of their vendor feeds. An intermittent switching between feeds on our FNET system further compounded the issue which has been fully addressed. Our staff is working closely with the exchange to ensure that this is permanently fixed.

Thank you,
        Ray P.
        eSignal Support}

Scott or Ray P. : Has the ES #F feed then been fixed so we can trade tommorrow (01-09-2009) without having to worry about the lags and delays ?? Thanx !!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Our information is that all should be back to normal but our operators will be keeping an eye on it all day.

If you should see a problem, please contact us right away.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X