Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart trading

Hello all,

I need some assistance in setting up the new chart trading feature with IB.
    Specifically, setting up a bracket order with a trailing stop for the fdax, entering with a market order.

Cheers
    Matt

Hello Matt,

Now that I’ve had a chance to test this new feature of trading from the charts I think it’s going to be a great benefit to the traders.

But to better server you, I think it would be easier for both of us if I could contact you directly to get you chart(s) setup. For me to put out the instruction would take up more time then us talking directly.

If you’d like you can PM me you’re contact information and when it would be a good time to contact you.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Matt,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Here is a good article from The Exchange a monthly publication for eSignal subscribers that discussed Trading from the Charts.

The article is very detail oriented and is very easy to follow. Please check it out and let me know if I can answer any questions or address any other concerns you may have.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Matt, I have questions about this feature??

First, I would like to know if it supports any reporting back to efs?? Does it operate with the "Strategy" functions or any other functions that we use to control our EFS scripts now?

Second, Can we setup complex orders?

How many buttons are allowed?

Any other "use" information?

I'm going to set it up and give it a try tomorrow.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

I'm stuck. I don't see buttons?? I have the Paper Trader setup as the default, but what am I looking for in the VIEW menu??

I guess I don't see them or something?? I've tried clicking on ever available toolbar and I don't see trade buttons??

Any help?

I'm following the instructions in the linked source.
          Brad Matheny
          eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

I don't have it configured on this setup so the buy/sell buttons are greyed out but is this what you're searching for?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X