Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies Appear Behind Candlestick

Hello,

On the candlestick charts, all the studies that I apply always show up behind the candlesticks. I there any way to have them appear in front of the candlesticks?

Thank you,
    Diane

Re: Studies Appear Behind Candlestick

Diane
    You can change the z-order of the studies through Edit Studies
    Select a study in the Studies list and then click the Move Study Up or Move Study Down buittons to change its order within the chart
    Alex

Originally posted by Diane P
    Hello,

On the candlestick charts, all the studies that I apply always show up behind the candlesticks. I there any way to have them appear in front of the candlesticks?

Thank you,
    Diane

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. I followed your instructions, but there was no change in the position of my indicators. They are all still behind the candlesticks. I'm not using subcharts - just the main chart. Would that make a difference?

Thanks,
      Diane

Comment

Diane
        You can change the order of the Studies within a pane and also the order of the Main Chart and Subcharts within an Advanced Chart window.
        In the following screenshot you can see the Edit Studies window after I applied a moving average study

Here is the resulting chart

In the following screenshot you can see that I have now moved up within the Main Chart the moving average study
        Note that you can move a study in the Studies list either by clicking and dragging it or by selecting it in the Studies list and then using the up arrow [Move Study Up] and down arrow [Move Study Down] buttons

With the following result

As you can see the moving average is now plotting above the candlesticks
        Note also that changing the order in which the Studies [and Main Chart/Subcharts] are displayed in the Studies list also affects how they are loaded in the Advanced Chart where the Study [or Main Chart/Subchart] at the bottom of the list is loaded first and the Study [or Main Chart/Subchart] at the top is loaded last
        Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. I followed your instructions, but there was no change in the position of my indicators. They are all still behind the candlesticks. I'm not using subcharts - just the main chart. Would that make a difference?

Thanks,
        Diane

Comment

Thank you, Alex! Now I've got it. As always, I appreciate your help & your patience.
          Diane

Comment

Diane
            You are most welcome
            Alex

Thank you, Alex! Now I've got it. As always, I appreciate your help & your patience.
            Diane

Comment

Working...
            X