Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time template error

Hi,

I have created a 260 bar intraday time template and a day bar template. The cghart loads 260 day bars but when I use 1 min charts, stock TXN, and I use the 260 bar inraday time template, I get 373 bars loaded Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Regards,
    Jane

Hey JG,

Because you're using two different types of intervals (Daily and minute) you'll need to create two different entries for the 260 bar Template.

The first for the Intraday Default (Which would cover any minute intervals) Also with the minute template you can enter the times if you only wanted say market hours.

The second entry is for for your Daily charts, this is going to be a user defined Template.

The Time Template should look something like the one attached below.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

H i ahodgee,

The issue is that I have created two time templates - exactly the same way you indicated, and the intraday time template is not working correctly - it loads 373 instead of 260 bars. BTW I am using automatic start and end times for sessions.

This is the reason I am puzzled as to what is going on.
      Thank you very much for your reply but I am still puzzled.

Regards,
      Jane

Originally posted by ahodgee
      Hey JG,

Because you're using two different types of intervals (Daily and minute) you'll need to create two different entries for the 260 bar Template.

The first for the Intraday Default (Which would cover any minute intervals) Also with the minute template you can enter the times if you only wanted say market hours.

The second entry is for for your Daily charts, this is going to be a user defined Template.

The Time Template should look something like the one attached below.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Jane,

This is rather puzzling. What version of eSignal are you currently using?

I tested this a couple of different ways and as long as I select the correct Time Template I'm unable to duplicate.

When you select your template do you see the 260 bar in the top left corner with the symbol?

Also when you may want to post some screenshots of either the charts or Time Templates so that we can start the troubleshooting.

You can also contact our Tech Support department at 510.264.1700 option 2. They should be able to get your template is working correctly.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your help. This is truly odd.
          Pic is attached.
          Regards,
          Jane
          Attached Files

Comment

Jane,

I don't know if you received my last PM regarding emailing the image over. With some of the different colors I'm having difficulty seeing the setting you have on the chart from this shot. Could you please email the image to [email protected] so that I can get a better look.

Thank you
            AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X