Recalculation Frequency setting for GET Stoch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalculation Frequency setting for GET Stoch

I noticed that when I change the Recalculation Frequency (sec) setting for the GET Stoch to 5-seconds, for example, nothing appears to have changed. The GET Stoch continues to update real-time no matter what I do to this setting. I tested this on a 1-minute chart.

Because I have a mediocre PC, my purpose of changing the Recalculation Frequency (sec) is to help increase the performance of the price bars on my charts even more.

The software version I am using is: 10.3.1460.1065(12/30/2008)

I've tested this with Get Stoch and some other studies as well and I'm getting the same result. I'll forward this to the Product Manager and once I have more information I'll post back here.

Thank you
    AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

I recently notice and posted earlier that I was having significant performance problems when the Get Stochastics study was loaded into 10 charts and updating in realtime (the defualt).

When I changed it to 60 on all the charts eSignal performed normally. When I changed the Default to 60 seconds and clicked Set As New Default it didn't appear to work, as when to old chart file was open the next day or the Get Stochastics study was loaded into a new chart the original setting of real time update was used.

Even when in the EFS Tools Settings was "Set All formulas as compute on close" I had to change the setting to 60 seconds. I was wondering if that setting applied to the built-in studies and Get studies. If not then that setting will not have the desired effect on performance for all the builtin studies.

Thanks,

Glen
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X