X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with eSignal Ver 10.3

For eSignal Developers, JasonK, etc.

Hi,

A zip file with the page, formulas and jpg's of issues can be found at http://share.esignal.com/download.js...Color-Pane.zip since it is too large to post here.

The jpg's have text explaining the problems.

Issues with eSignal ver 10.3 - jan 15, 09:

1- candles stop painting

2- Issues with chart drop-down menu not showing the "Remove" and "Edit" studies option

3- Windows Task Manager stopped working while eSignal was running. After closing eSignal it worked fine.

I run eSignal on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor with 2 Gb RAM running Win XP Pro. I will continue to run the last version of the 10.2.1... series until issues are resolved.

I have done many clean instals of the latest ver 10.3... and even did a from scratch reinstall of Windows XP Pro, formating the hard drive and loading only virus protection (McAfee) and eSignal but the results are the same. Could there be an issue with the AMD processor?

I hope this helps.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM.

Wayne,

I have this same problem and it's really weird. I tried to load a 5 min "ES #F" or "TF #F" chart using 9:30 - 16:15 EST in the time template and there we NO updating of the bars once the market opened.

Here's the strangeness:

1. I changed to a 24 hour session time template and the bars updated in real-time.

2. I could use any minute timeframe EXCEPT the 5 min timeframe with the 9:30-16:15 as the time template and the bars would update.

Now, the ACH file was created with 8.0r2. What I had to do was start from scratch and load up the 5 min chart with my multiple EFS studies and then save that as a new Style.

Comment

I think this is related to my trying to load an ACH file created from 8.0r2 into 10.3 RC.

Comment

2. I could use any minute timeframe EXCEPT the 5 min timeframe with the 9:30-16:15 as the time template and the bars would update
        I've had this type of odd time-template dependent missing data behaviour with 10.2, seems to be (yet another) server problem.

Steve, Difficult to say for sure whether your experience could be server related without knowing at what points you reconnected / what the server history was.

Until eSignal enhance their server monitoring this uncertainty will persist.

Comment

Steve,

All my scripts, pages, etc work fine in ver 10.2 but not in ver 10.3.

It seems clear, at least to me, that there is something within 10.3 that causes a conflict with some efs studies.

All charts load and run fine in 10.3 until I start loading the efs studies. I've installed the efs studies in different order etc but haven't been able to isolate what causes the trouble, so ver 10.3 probably has issues with several of the efs studies.

I gave up, and will use ver 10.2 until the issues are resolved.

Wayne

Comment

Well, the weirdness I was talking about came back this morning where my 5 min charts weren't working (no real-time updating) at the 5 min level, but they would work at the 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, etc. etc. minute level.

One of the charts was working and it turned out to be that the other 5 had a different time template, but they all still should have worked.

The one that worked for the "ES #F" and "TF #F" had a 30 day time template of 9:30 starting time and 16:15 ending time.

The 5 that didn't work had the same symbols but the ending time was different...16:00.

I am including a pic below and would like eSignal support to test this out:

Create the same 2 time templates I have expanded below with the only difference being the ending time of 16:00 and bring up a 5 min chart of the "ES #F" symbol.

What you should find is that the 9:30 - 16:15 based chart will work fine in real-time but the one ending in 16:00 will show you NO data for the current day. However, that 16:00 ending template will work for any other time except the 5 min timeframe.

Comment

Wayne,

You would think an eSignal representative could have replied to my post by now about a reproducible problem, showing exactly how to test it for themselves.

Wayne, if you have 10.3 RC and subscribe to the e-minis, could you try this time template test I described and let me know the results?

Thanks!

Comment

Hey folks,

Get this one. Remember I said that my 9:30 - 16:00 time template on a 5-min "ES #F" wasn't updating in real-time yesterday, and, when I changed it to a 9:30 - 16:15 time template, everything was okay again?

Guess what? This morning, these 5 min 9:30-16:15 time templates are showing NO REAL-TIME DATA UPDATES ON THOSE CHARTS.

If I change the ending time by just 1 min, then everything is fine again with the real-time updating.

eSignal, what is going ON here???

You've got a release candidate and this is the 4th revision at the 10.x level and you're getting errors like these popping up???

I like the direct chart trading idea. That has a lot of potential. But you've got to pick up the pace in hunting down these kinds of bugs.

I'm really on the verge now of going back to 8.0r2 and staying there for another year.

Comment

Hey Steve, how have you been!

I have been having similar issues with TF H9, the charts do not update on the 405 min interval, but when I switch to TF #F they do, except today TF #F was not updating so I swithed to TF H9 and all is well.

Same thing on a couple of other charts 3 min and 144T, the efs dont work right unless I change the TF symbol from H9 to #F and back and forth.

All this on 10.3.1476.1063

Do we have a link to 8.0?

Comment

Steve,

We're doing some internal testing of the issues you've reported, once we have more information we'll post back here.

Thank you for you patience

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

My issues with 10.3

Hello,

I just upgraded to 10.3.1476.1063 (from 10.2) and I'm seeing some odd behavior.

1. My daily chart (ES #F) used to show current overnight activity. Now, it only shows the previous day's activity. I've tried messing with the time templates with no luck. This is a huge problem!

2. I have some EFS scripts and used to output the "degree" symbol ("°"). Now, it just outputs a question mark ("?"). What changed? How do I get my degree symbol back?

3. Why did I lose all my "favorites"???
                      Last edited by neoikon; 01-29-2009, 10:14 PM.
                      eSignal File Share: http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?groupid=1130

Comment

No Real-Time Data on Daily Chart

I'm experiencing the same or similar problem as those below. My daily chart will not update with real-time data. I change the timeframe on the chart to something intra-day, it works fine. I put it back to daily and it's frozen at the LOW of the day. Not sure if that means anything.

This is really affecting my trading, so please, I need a solution quickly.

Daniel

Comment

My solution was to downgrade to 10.2. All my problems went away!

Comment

problem in esignal 10.3

I just upgraded to esignal 10.3, and I found if I set timetemplate as Auto 2Days for intraday charts, then at least for some symbols such as $VIX and $ADD, the chart just stops updating in realtime.

For example, for $VIX,5 chart, if I set time template to 2Days Auto-Auto, the chart would show only historical charts and the last bar on chart would not update, although at the same time, another chart of same symbol and interval but set to dynamic would still beupdating.

Also any efs running on the 2Days auto template can not access the realtime data of $VIX using sym().

Here is the time template.
                            Attached Files

Comment

when using dynamic time template, the chart is updating without problem. The screenshot was made at 15:12pm.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X