On the Pitchfork dialog the Modify button does nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Pitchfork dialog the Modify button does nothing

I assume that it implies a "modified" Schiff, but when I click it (and apply) the pitchfork does not move. Is this a bug?

Dave,

According to the KB article Applying Andrews Pitchforks Study (1995) The Andrews Pitchfork can be used with the Advanced Get Elliot Wave and the Median Line Modified would be turned on in cases were the Wave 2 retraces are very steep.

Here this an excerpt of that article;
    There will be times when Wave 2 retraces at a very steep rate. The Median Line Modified toggle button should be turned on under these circumstances. With Modify turned on, the Andrews Pitchfork will automatically adjust the direction and spacing of the Pitchfork to compensate for the steep Wave 2 retracement. Under normal market conditions, Modified should be turned off.

Hope this helps

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks, yes, I've read the help. But this still doesn't address the point that when I press the butten the pitchfork does not do anything, let alone turn into some variation of a Schiff.
      So, the question remains. What does the button actually do, please.

Comment

Dave,

When the Modified is turned on it is a variation of the Schiff, but it only applies to new pitchforks being drawn . It will not adjust previously drawn forks on your chart

This has been the behavior since it was introduced with the Advanced Get Studies in eSignal 7.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

But it could? And wouldn't that be a useful feature, not to mention make the program more user-friendly and also save you from possibly having to edit the help file to explain this? Good job you don't have to use this technique to change the colours, it is unbelievably labourious if you want to draw some normal and some Schiff.
          Last edited by Dave180; 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input as you know we're always looking for ways to improve on the eSignal application.

If you feel your idea would make this indicator and eSignal more user friendly and or intuitive for you and others please submit your ideas via the Make a Suggestion (Support-->Make a Suggestion) on the main menu of eSignal of your eSignal application.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X