OnDemand: how much delay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnDemand: how much delay?

For example, today's Globex session for ES (S&P500 emini) is from yesterday 15.30 CT to today 15.15 CT.

On a daily chart, when can I expect to see today's bar completed?

Thanks.

Hi,

The following article describes the delay times for most exchanges. You'll see that bar close w/in a minute or so of the delay time passing.

Thanks.

Comment

I tried out this onDemand. I opened a chart of ES at 8 am. I went to refresh it, and no new data came in.

Comment

Atlas,

What type of interval chart are you looking at?

Also you have to remember that the charts can only be refreshed once every 5 minutes and Daily charts will update at the end of the Trading Day.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

I'm using OnDemand and refreshing intraday charts does not do anything. I've found that switching to another time interval and then back again does refresh the chart.

Comment

That's sort of correct. If you had waited at least 5 minutes, refreshing that chart would have pulled the latest bars. By switching intervals, you are creating a "new" request each time, hence the update.

Thanks.

Comment

I tried refreshing it several times over more than 5 minutes. When I finally did the time interval switch there were several new 5 minute bars.

Comment

What version of eSignal are you using please?

Comment

I am using 10.3.1476.1063

Comment

Yeah, switching symbols does the trick, but Refresh, no.

Comment

I've been testng this for the past 30 minutes on the symbol EUR A)-FX and the same version of eSignal you're using and I'm unable to duplicate the issue being reported.

I've tried refreshng every one minute and nothing happens until after the 5th minute of last actual refresh,

I've tried random refreshes from every 10 second to 3 minutes and still not new refreshed until once agian after the 5th minute.

As long as the charts is being freshed correctly (Holding down the Ctrl Key and left mouse click on the Green OK on the status bar of the Cursor Window) the chart has refreshed every time.

If you could please give the steps you're taking to refresh the chart or maybe send over your page so that we can test it that might help in trying to resolve this.

AveryH
                      eSignal Support

Comment

I switched to real-time now. So, I can't comment anymore. The only thing I would try is, try a chart of ES #F - NQ #F, a spread. Also have another chart of ES #F. Wait an hour or two. Refresh the spread chart, ctrl-click, Ok. It shouldn't refresh. Refresh the ES chart, same thing.

atlas

Comment

Altas,

All though you've switched to Real Time data we wanted to continue troubleshooting the issues you have reported.

From the information you've provided we were able to see in some cases where the continuous contract charts did not refresh when using the previously mentioned menthods.

With that information I've forwards screenshots to the Product Manager to pass along to the developers. Once we get more information on a fix we'll post back here.

Also one other item worth mentioning is that with the release of 10.3 the auto refresh was removed because of the way the new bar/candles would display on the charts only as dashes.

AveryH
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                          X