trade size alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade size alert

i feel foolish, but i can't seem to get a simple audio alert to sound every time the trade size hits a certain number. whatever i'm doing, the alert only sounds the first time the trade size volume hits my number and then never again.

i've tried setting it with and without the "Re-Arm" checked. no difference.

help.

Re: trade size alert

FredB
    Did you put a value in either of the Re-arm fields?
    Try using 0 in the Percentage Change and it should trigger an alert every time a trade meets (or exceeds) the defined size
    Alex

Originally posted by FredB
    i feel foolish, but i can't seem to get a simple audio alert to sound every time the trade size hits a certain number. whatever i'm doing, the alert only sounds the first time the trade size volume hits my number and then never again.

i've tried setting it with and without the "Re-Arm" checked. no difference.

help.

Comment

Thanks very much. The zero worked.

BTW, now that I have you. The alert for Trade Size now works, but I can't seem to set one for Bid Size or Ask Size. Every time I try, using the same settings as with Trade Size, it freezes up the program and I have to re-open.

What would be special about Bid and Ask?

Comment

FredB
        Glad to hear that worked and you are most welcome.
        With regards to the Bid/Ask Size alerts these appear to be working fine at my end even when re-arming them
        You may want to provide some more details such as the version [and build] used, the symbol and alert settings you are using so that others can try to replicate the issue under the same conditions
        Alex

Thanks very much. The zero worked.

BTW, now that I have you. The alert for Trade Size now works, but I can't seem to set one for Bid Size or Ask Size. Every time I try, using the same settings as with Trade Size, it freezes up the program and I have to re-open.

What would be special about Bid and Ask?

Comment

Version 10.0.0 (Build 859)

Symbol: ES H9

Settings: Bid Size; Symbol ES H9; By Value; BSize 100; Re-Arm; Percentage Change 0; Audio Alert.

When I then click OK, the box goes gray and the program freezes up.

Comment

FredB
            I tried using the same Alert condition in version 10.3.1491 and it seems to be working fine (albeit triggering alerts at virtually every tick as the Bid Size of ES H9 is greater than 100 most of the time)
            Alex

Version 10.0.0 (Build 859)

Symbol: ES H9

Settings: Bid Size; Symbol ES H9; By Value; BSize 100; Re-Arm; Percentage Change 0; Audio Alert.

When I then click OK, the box goes gray and the program freezes up.

Comment

Working...
            X