Old problem resurfaced in 10.3.1491

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old problem resurfaced in 10.3.1491

I upgraded from 10.2.1391.1120 to 10.3.1491.1162 on one of my trading computers.

This problem occurred in 8.0 or as late as 10.0 as I remember, and was fixed somewhere along the line. The problem occurs in countries which have a lunch break. Here in Japan the break is from 11:00 to 12:30. Even though trading stops at 11:00, the x-axis continues to show the times up to 12:29. When the market resumes trading at 12:30, the times from 11:01 to 12:29 are eliminated. But at the same time any trendlines that extended through 11:00 are cut off and/or the angle changes and must be redrawn. Other lines or text that start and end within the 11:01
    to 12:29 time span are squashed between 11:00 and 12:30 when the market reopens.

In addition, I found that even though the user defined defaults and settings in the toolbars etc. are carried over from the previous version/build the Continuous Contract settings aren't. I don't know if it is supposed to be this way or not.

One last point. I find that when the Cursor Window is set to show the labels from left to right it fits very nicely under the times in the x-axis. However, in that location it flickers when the mouse cursor is moved around the chart.

Thank you for checking these points.

Hopefully I've read this correctly, and what what you're looking for is Whitespace, so that when trading resumes after the lunch break you keep the space between trades. If this is the case you can turn whitespace on by right clicking on the chart go to View -->Whitespace.

With regard to the Continuous Contract normally if you keep the same eSignal folder when doing the upgrade this should not be an issue. For those that change the path or save the old eSignal folder with a new name and when the installation happens it creates a new eSignal folder and all of the previously know setting are replaced with the eSignal defaults.

The cursor window issue is from the repainting of that portion of the chart. Something we've reported to the Product Manager and added to the list of issue to be fixed in an upcoming release.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

>AveryH

I'm sorry, I should have attached an image to make up for my poor explanation.

The problem is not related to Whitespace. The problem is that trendlines that extended through 11:00(start of lunch break) must be redrawn at 12:30(end of lunch break).

The exact same problem existed is versions years ago. It was fixed somewhere around version 10. It did not exist in version 10.2.1391.1120.

If this is still not clear after viewing the attached images, please let me know.

Not sure how to show 2 images in one post, so I'll split them

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

after lunch
        Attached Files

Comment

Jay,

Thanks for the screenshots they give me a much clearer picture of the issue.

I'll speak with the Product Manager and see if this is something we can get listed for an upcoming release.

I'll post back once I have more information.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi,
            There have been a number of releases since your reply, and the problem still exists in 10.5RC. It's really quite a pain every day at 12:30 when the afternoon session begins.

I guess you have a hard time replicating this RT being in a different timezone. However, you can replicate it using Bar Replay.

Thank you,
            Jay

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
            Jay,

Thanks for the screenshots they give me a much clearer picture of the issue.

I'll speak with the Product Manager and see if this is something we can get listed for an upcoming release.

I'll post back once I have more information.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Jay,

I've forwarded this information to the Product Manager, I'll follow up with them and once I have more information I'll post back.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X