New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer

Moved eSignal to a new computer. Copied over layouts, pages and files okay, but lost some personal settings like time templates and preferences for some tools like regression trend channels and the like.

Does anybody know which Documents and Settings/User Name/ files should be migrated over to retain these settings? I am looking at Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/eSignal/QuoteTrader/1/configuration.xml. There are also files in Documents and Settings/User Name/Local Settings/Application Data/eSignal/eSignal/10/logs/

Thank you,
    Loki

Hi Loki,

Please review this KB article and tell us if it resolves the issue.

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1530&p=1

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott J,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The procedure in the link you gave is exactly what I followed before making the post and it worked very well for all my files. I use the manual method. All my important files were transferred okay. This was not the problme.

What I lost was a list of Time Timplates and some minor program settings. I read that time templates transfeer with the Advance Charts, but they didn't in my case, at least not so far.

Also all the settings I had made for things like Fib Ret, Fib Ext and the like were gone. This stuff is trivial.

Nothing important is missing. I just thought there might be some user specific file that had all that little stuff in it. I've move eSignal a number of times before and never worried this small stuff. I will not worry it now.

Thanks again,
      Loki

Comment

Loki,

I don't know about the program settings but if you would like to retrieve your time templates you can copy them from the C:\Program Files\eSignal Directory on the old computer. The File is called TimeTemplates.xml and you just need to add it to the same directly on the new computer.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you Avery H. That is very helpful.

Comment

Glad I could help, please let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Best Regard
            AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X