Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tick data downloader hangs every Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick data downloader hangs every Friday!

I have a very strange problem. I download tick data for ES every night, using eSignal EOD. On Mon-Thu nights it work fine but hangs on Friday nights; in the end, after about 30 minutes I kill the task.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

We can do some test here on Friday and see if we experience the same issues. I’ll post the results back here.

Can you provide the following information?
    When doing the download is it only for that Friday's data or for the entire week?
    What symbol(s) are you trying to download?
    What version of Version of eSignal are you working with?

Comment

I ony download a day's data. See screenshot below. I set number of days to 2 because if I set to 1 then for some reason only a few ticks get downloaded.

I usually run the downlod when eSignal EOD first lets me, i.e. after 2130 UK time.

I am using eSignal 10.2.1370.1358.

I only download ES #F and NQ #F.
      Attached Files

Comment

Since yesterday there is another curious problem.

I managed to download the data alright, but on every attempt the beginning of the session is missing. I specify a start time of 9.30 ET (14.30 UK time), but the ticks are getting downloaded from random start times, e.g. 12.18 ET, or 11.16 ET etc.

Very strange.

Comment

bf2,

There were reported problems with the Tick Downloader in eSignal 10.2 that were fixed in 10.3. Please try upgrading your version and let me know if you continue to experience these issues.

AveryH
          eSignal Forum Support

Comment

Fantastc!

I've just downloaded a few days' worth of ticks with v10.3 and by God what a difference!

It's on steroid, and it literally is at least 10x faster than 10.2 if more more.

Unbelievable performance. Great job guys!
            Last edited by bf2; 02-24-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

bf2

Thank you for the complement, and letting us know the new version resolved your issue.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X