This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.3 Issues

I just recently upgraded to the latest 10.3 from one of the earlier release candidates, I upgraded because the release candidate was conflicting with internet explorer. I’ll explain this one first:

If I had eSignal open, and then I opened internet explorer, eSignal’s right click pop up menu for advanced charts would start losing items. eventually I could not open news tabs in internet explorer7.

At first, the additional menu that slides out to the right of “Formulas” would be empty. On additional right clicks, the advanced chart right click pop up menu would only contain items down to the new buy and sell icons. The menu would become shorter and shorter with additional right clicks, dropping items until it eventually wouldn’t appear at all.

Upon closing internet explorer the menu would return to normal. Upon closing eSignal I could browse again.

So I upgraded to new and worse problems.

10.3.1491 will not close. It requires an End Task from the Windows Task Manager 90% of the time. When it does exit, it’s icon remains in the task bar until its clicked.

Minimizing 10.3.1491 to the task bar causes even greater problems. Once minimized it never returns. Clicking the minimized eSignal icon in the Task Bar results only in an error sound. I believe it’s the typical Chord.wav that can be found in C:\WINDOWS\Media.

After minimizing, If I already have the task manager open, I can “bring to front“, or “switch to” eSignal, but its frozen.

If I don’t already have the task manager open I am totally helpless. I can not do anything. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL plays the same error sound but nothing else happens. ALT+TAB plays the same sound. Nothing happens. I can access the window’s Start menu but I can not run any applications, including things like “RUN”. All drop down menus (ie File, Edit) fail to function across my entire system on all programs. Including right clicking on my desk top. I can not restart or shut down my computer. I must unplug my computer.

On occasion, the “not responding” window will appear and give me the option to end eSignal’s task, if I can get it closed down everything goes back to normal.

I am considering reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling windows if this problem is unique to me, but I would like to downgrade to a previous version of 10.2 first to see if there is any difference, and perhaps isolate the problem to 10.3.

Where can I download 10.2?

never mind it must have been me

I found a copy of 10.2 on my computer and tried it that way, and the same thing happened. I didnt happen before on 10.2 so i guess the problem was on my end.

I've reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and esignal. it appears to be working now. sorry to raise the alarm.

Comment

re "If I had eSignal open, and then I opened internet explorer, eSignal’s right click pop up menu for advanced charts would start losing items. eventually I could not open news tabs in internet explorer7." this is related to thread

Comment

Working...
      X