Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to jump to a symbol in a quotesheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to jump to a symbol in a quotesheet?

Hi,

I just upgraded from version 7.6 to the newest version, and I can't seem to jump to a particular symbol in a quotesheet anymore. Is there a way to do that in the new version?

For example, if I click on GS, I want my quotesheets to jump to the GS symbol (assuming GS is in the quotesheet).

Again, is there a way to do this in the new version? Seems very odd if you got rid of this feature.

Thanks,
    whinston

Hello whinston,

It sound like the symbol linking has been broking between the Quote Window and Symbol in the Toolbar.

To re-establish the link between the quote window confirm that on the toolbar of the Quote Window you have selected either “Link to All” or one of the other many color and match it with the link button in the Tool bar. Please click here for more information on Symbol linking.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi, maybe I wasn't clear enough in the original post.

Actually, what happens is this.

I click on a chart. The chart is showing IBM. I type GS. The chart changes to GS. I have a quotesheet open and linked to the chart, but the quotesheet doesn't scroll down to the GS symbol. Nor does it highlight the GS symbol.

However, just to prove that the linking is working, if I click on a symbol in the quotesheet, it pops up on the chart.

Thanks for any help here. Again, when I'm focused on a chart, and I type in a new symbol for that chart, I want my linked quotesheets to scroll down to that symbol (if the symbol is in the quotesheet).

Thanks,
      whinston

Comment

whinston,

Thanks for the additional information, due to some changes with the quote windows the "Go To" feature has been reported as broken and added to the list of corrections for an upcoming release.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X