page changing and alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page changing and alerts

I just started trying esignals last week and so far I like it. I've played with the formula editing and modified some existing ones to give me data that I want and setup some pages to trade from...although not directly as my broker does not have any method to link yet.

I set some alerts and didn't realize the the alerts do not work from one page while in another page. Seeing as I initially set up a few pages to follow a small number of issues to let me see larger charts and all of them at the same time.

I don't suppose there is any way do make alerts work between pages other than to put all my charts into one page and set the alerts there...then I would like to open and close groups of charts rather than changing pages...but I see from searching that is not an option.

Does anyone have a page setup that works for them well while trying to follow four or five indices with four charts per index?

Thanks,

Jeff.

Jeff,

I'm glad to hear that so far you're enjoying eSignal and hopefully finding it fairly easy to navigate around.
    I set some alerts and didn't realize the the alerts do not work from one page while in another page. Seeing as I initially set up a few pages to follow a small number of issues to let me see larger charts and all of them at the same time.
    When setting up the alerts there is an option to "Apply Alert to All Layouts" in the Add Alert Window (See attached). The symbols are then tracked by the eSignal Data Manager so if an alert is triggered the Alert Edit/Status windows will pop up no matter which page/layout you’re working in. You also have the options of linking the alerts to specific QUOTE windows. I haven't had a chance to fully test this feature so I'm not quite sure if it open the quote window when the alert is triggered or it's just a reminder to you as to where the alert was set. Once I've completed the testing I'll post back here.

One thing to note: This function is not a global setting so you would have to place the check mark in the box for each new alert you add.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery,

I saw that option and mistakenly assumed that when it said "layout" it meant layout and not page. I was only using pages so I never even tried it. Perhaps the description could be changed to include "layout/page" to clarify?....not that I will forget now though.

I plan on setting alerts up through some EFS formula and these may only work on a particular page...unless you know how to have those be global as well. I won't be doing this until I decide if I am sticking with esignals (I expect to be but I don't want to spend too much time playing with fancy stuff as I want to get using it to actually do some trading and prove the value to myself)

Jeff.

Comment

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the reply, EFS studies alerts are much different in that they work using calculations and data from the charts. The EFS would have to be attached to a chart and that chart open for the alert to trigger.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X