Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try to Change Alert Sound

Hi! Would someone please help!

I have tried to change the alert sound from the usual "ding" to one of the distingtive sound like "phone" but the same "ding" always sound when it is triggered.

This is an option from one of the eSignal right click menu so there is no codes of mine own.

Before selecting the sound file I have checked it to make sure it is the sound that I want and it is indeed working and the sound path is correct by clicking the "Select Sound" ... and the "Play" button.

Attached is the Alert pop up menu that I have used to try to change the sound but no sound change have happened.

I also have tried to save, close and open the eSignal to see if the change could take place but still, the same "ding" sound occurs when the Alert is triggered.

What else should I try in order for the sound change to happen. Would someone please help. Your help is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Ted608; 04-09-2009, 12:51 PM.

Hi,

Try changing the alert sound on this screen. I saw the same issue you are describing when I changed the sound on the main global alerts screen but it works when attributed to an individual alert/symbol on this screen.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks ScottJ for your help. I tried again with both "individual and Global" option but still get the same old "ding" sound. So I don't know what prevents the Alert Routine to access the Selected .wav file. I double checked the Sound .wav path and it is correct. Anything else could you think of .... ? Thanks again, ScottJ.

Comment

Ted608,

Are you trying to change the sound of alerts you already have set? Or set up new alert with different sounds?

If so you'll trying to change the sounds of an individually symbol please follow these steps;
        1- Click the Alert Icon on the toolbar
        2- Highlight the symbol you'd like the sound on.
        3- Edit/Delete Alert window will appear,
        4- Click on Select Sound and change the sound in this window.

Remember this is for the individual symbol and will not work for the Global Setting. If you would like a Global Alert (All Symbols).
        1- Click on the Global radio button
        2- Select the trigger you want the alert to be set on
        3- Click Add in the Add Alert Window
        4- Click on Select Sound and set the sound.

Let me know if this gives you the right sounds.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi AveryH,

Thank you so much for your detailed help. It's guilded me step x step which I need and indeed it works after I followed it. Again, I deeply appreciate your help, AveryH !

Comment

Hey Ted,

You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X