Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal OnDemand - Indices?

Hello again,

I noticed that eSignal recently introduced OnDemand–Forex & OnDemand–Options versions. I was wondering if I can get an OnDemand–Indices version.

I currently get the Indices as part of my regular OnDemand package. It is almost real-time but the only problem is that I have to keep updating it by hitting ctrl and the green OK box in the chart status window.

Is there a way I can have my subscription altered so that I can get real-time data for only the equity indices? The indices I wanted to have in real time are the Dow Jones, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 & FTSE 100. I am willing to pay a bit more for these priviledges.

Can you please let me know who I need to contact in order to negotiate such a personalised deal?

Thank you,
    kbw

That package isn't currently available, nor are we set-up to provide a custom set of symbols like you need. We are working on various flavors of OnDemand and I've heard some talk of adding some streaming indicies so I'll be sure to pass your request/suggestion along to Product Development.

Thanks.

Comment

First of all I would like to thank eSignal for bringing out another version of the OnDemand product called "OnDemand - Mini Futures". I guess you guys have seen how popular customization has been. I must say I am not sure how many people will appreciate the exchange fee waiver requirement because I certaintly don't.

In regards to my original post, I was after an "eSignal OnDemand - Indices" version which basically has real-time streaming data instead of snapshot data. I wanted the cash versions of the Indices i.e. $INDU, $SPX, $UKX-FTSE etc.

It would be very cost effective for me as I will only have to pay about 1/4 of the monthly fee had I gone back to using eSignal Premier. I'm not sure I am willing to pay for features I just don't need especially when the ideal version I need is just a fingertip away.

Judging by the speed of release of the previous versions of eSignal OnDemand, I assume that creating a new version is a simple procedure. Would it be a matter of charging an extra $20 for data like what is being done for the Forex & Options versions?

Can you run it past your product development and let me know if such a version would be possible & how long would it take to be released?

I really hope I can get this version after being a loyal eSignal customer since the yr 2004.

Thanks for understanding & I hope we can work soemthing out.

Kind regards,

kbw

Comment

Hi,

Have you had any feedback from Product Development about the possibility of eSignal OnDemand - Indices?

I am eagerly & patiently waiting/hoping to upgrade to it as soon as it gets released?

Thanks,
        kbw

Comment

kbw,

Thanks for the interest in the OnDemand product line. We are actively looking into the technical details surrounding adding real-time indices to both the Forex and Mini Futures flavors of OnDemand.

Unfortunately, it's not just a business decision, but there are technical challenges as well. This is because there are a few assumptions made in the code of the Data Manager (DM) surrounding streaming versus 5-minute pulsed data for index data. In order to match our requirements, some changes will likely need to be made within the DM itself. This means the changes need to go into the development queue, estimated, prioritized, coded, tested and rolled out.

At this point, I don't have an accurate estimate to provide as to when real-time, streaming indices will be available on the OnDemand product line. But do know that we are seeking to do this and the process is in motion.

Thanks for taking the time to write-up the suggestion to improve our products.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for getting the process started. It's much appreciated & I hope it goes smoothly...

Comment

Hi JayF,

It has been about a month since I last checked and I was wondering how far along the process are you guys with introducing streaming indices?

You don't have to give an accurate estimate if you can't. Can I just have a rough idea please? Are we looking at 6 months?, 3 months perhaps or maybe it's only several weeks away?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X