Data Manager Dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Manager Dropping

I've been having problems over the last few weeks with the Data Manager just dropping off my screen. There are no errors that appear and I run F-prot, anti-spyware and anti-adware apps to keep my system clean.

Just recently, the esignal screen showed GREEN "OK" in both the bottom-right status boxes, but I had not had a price update since 8:05. It is currently 9:26 and when I moved my mouse over the data manager icon in the system tray - it just VANISHED. There was also no Data Manager app running on the taskbar.

Now, sometimes I get an "SVCHost" error when it drops out. But recently I'm not seeing it and the Data Manager just drops out

I'm not sure exactly why this is the case as on my other PC everything is fine?? I recently upgraded to the latest version of esignal on this PC and am wondering if anyone else is having problems??

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Data Manager Dropping

Hi Brad,

You may benefit from simply performing a clean uninstall of eSignal. I will include below a method to assist you remove the files that sometimes are left behind after the normal Add/Remove Programs uninstall:

1. Open My Computer from the desktop and browse to the following location:

c:\Program Files\eSignal\

Please locate and then copy across your pages directory to another location on your computer (e.g. your desktop)

2. Open your windows Control Panel (Start – Settings - Control Panel)

3. Open the "Add/Remove Programs" tool and then remove eSignal from your computer by clicking the remove button. Ensure to tick the box 'Remove User Preferences' during the uninstall process.

4. After completing the uninstall process, open my computer again and go to C:\Windows\

Check for the following files and delete them if found (if the user preferences box is ticked during the uninstall then they sshould not be found):

winsig.ini
    winros.ini

5. Ensure the following folder is removed:

C:\Program Files\eSignal

6. Please also remove the following registry keys (NOTE: Please exercise extreme caution when modifying your system registry. Pay special attention to these instructions as deleting other keys may cause serious problems with your operating system and may leave it unresponsive and unable to boot correctly).

Select "Start - Run" and then type "regedit" (then press) to access your system registry editor

Please right click these entries and select delete:

"HKEY_Current User\Software\eSignal"

"HKEY_Current User\Software\WINSIG.INI"

"Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\eSignal"

“Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\winsig.exe"

If you do not find these keys then move on to the next points.

7. Please restart your computer

8. Download and install the latest version

If you are using Windows Vista then please check this link for help with potential problems related to Vistas UAC and Virtual Storage locations:

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=3757&p=1

Once installed please test that the program is working well before bringing any backup page files into the program to use.
    James R
    eSignal Support

Helpful Sites:

KnowledgeBase

Account Maintenance

Comment

Working...
    X