Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Export...automatically every 5 minutes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Export...automatically every 5 minutes???

Is there any way to have the "Data Export" function in eSignal happen AUTOMATICALLY, say every 5 minutes (or less), without ME having to manually "click" it?

I use the .CSV file generated for my analysis, but need it generated automatically (when I'm not at my computer).

I'm open to any solutions, including DDE, API, scripting, etc.

I'm pretty sure you could accomplish this by writing some Excel routines and using either our DDE links or QLink. Or, you could go a pretty quick route and get a 3p app that does exactly what you're looking for. It's call QCollector.

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ, thanks for the info. I contacted Tradeworks/mechtrading.com/QCollector days ago but haven't heard anything back from them.

I've also tried DDE with Excel, but DDE seems limited in that it only gives CERTAIN pieces of data, not all the data that I need, which includes 34 EMA, CCI14, CCI20, and ADX. Let me know if I'm wrong, though. I hope I am!

I've also worked with the Desktop API and streaming/historical data, and while it gives me SOME data (date, open, high, low, close), it doesn't give me ALL the data I need (34 EMA, CCI14, CCI20, ADX).

So, that's why I thought if the Data Export could be automated, I would be home-free, since THAT function already gives me all my needed data.

Any other ideas/info?

Comment

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any easy way to get those study values like you're looking for. I'm not sure QCollector can do it either. I'll pm contact info I have for the owner of QCollector in case that helps.

Otherwise, I'll ask around internally if anyone has an idea. Thanks for explaining what you're looking for. That helps a lot.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X