Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening efs via MS Explorer (not Win Internet Explorer) causes permanent overhead in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening efs via MS Explorer (not Win Internet Explorer) causes permanent overhead in

Hi,

I've noticed something but don't know how to test for it other than what I experience.

I am running eSignal ver 10.4.1574.925 on an Intel I7 965 cpu, 6 GiG RAM & Win XP Pro (waiting for Window 7) (I know 32 bit OS & software only uses a max of 3 GIGs of RAM).
    The I7 CPU monitor avg usage is 13% with the primary core averaging ~ 80%.

With this configuration I can open the "File" menu, "Edit Studies", etc. with little lag. However, once I open an efs file via the MS Explorer by selecting the efs from within a directory in Explorer, eSignal seems to get burdened with a permanent overhead that now causes significant lag (over 30 seconds to minutes) when accessing "File" menu, "Edit Studies", etc. and the primary CPU core now pegs at over 95% constantly. This continues even after I close the efs editor.

I have to close and reload eSignal before this overhead is cleared and the lag dissappears.

Note: even while the lag exists (before closing and reloading eSignal) I can open other programs like MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and they run fine with no lag but eSignal must be closed and reloaded before the overhead that causes the lag dissapears.

I hope this helps.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 05-07-2009, 11:45 AM.

Hello waynecd

I'm trying to duplicate the issue you're reporting but need to get more information.

1- What type of EFS are you accessing? (Standard, 3rd party EFS, Custom(one you've created))

2- Does this happen with mulitple/different EFS formulas or a specific one?

3- When accesing the EFS files is eSignal already running or when the EFS is opened it then opens eSignal?

4- Are there any other windows in the layout of eSignal?

Thanks in advancedc

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi AveryH,

Thanks for the reply.

1- I am running multiple custom EFS
      2- It happens with any EFS I load via MS Explorer rather than via "Tools-EFS-Editor".
      3-eSignal is running with all my charts and studies which are loaded automatically as part of my default layout.
      4-I only run the default layout with no other pages or layouts. As part of the layout there are 3 charts outside of the eSignal window area (detached from eSignal).

1- What type of EFS are you accessing? (Standard, 3rd party EFS, Custom(one you've created))

2- Does this happen with mulitple/different EFS formulas or a specific one?

3- When accesing the EFS files is eSignal already running or when the EFS is opened it then opens eSignal?

4- Are there any other windows in the layout of eSignal?

Comment

Hi AveryH,

Today, I tested the issue I originally posted, first on a blank page with no studies or charts, then I gradually added charts and studies, and finally I tested it with my original layout.

Well, I found no problems. Whatever caused the issue originally is not doing it today.

So, I'll keep an eye on it, but right now it seems that maybe something else was going on.

I'll only repost is I find that I can consistently duplicate the issue.

Again, thanks for the follow-up.

wayne
        Last edited by waynecd; 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X