Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real time tick data refresh not the same

Hi

I recently switched to using tick charts for the ES#F emini and noticed something strange. The chart works fine, but if you reload the page or refresh the data for any reason, the chart is different. i.e. the bars are different and therefore any signals you get on indicators are skewed. Any particular reason for this? The only thing I can think of is data is coming from different servers. I get this exact same problem when using volume charts.

Additionally, is there a way to download/get tick data for more than the last 10 days (e.g. 10 day chunk in April)?

Thanks.

One of the questions covered in this troubleshooting KB article addresses your general question. If you do feel the differences are significant, best way to compare is to run your chart for a while and then right-click, choose tools/data export (or just press Alt-E). Now save that data to something like Excel. Next, close the data export window and refresh your chart. Repeat the data export process and compare the table results. If you do spot signifcant differences, you can then forward us the data capture results to review further.

On the tick data, the current limit is 10 days of tick, although there are plans to increase that significantly (to a year +) later this year.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X