Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about continuous chart settings

Hello to all,

My question is: For continuous daily charts, can I have user-defined rollover rules (like roll on 3 business days prior to 25th of delivery month) applied to BOTH "back-adjusted" AND "un-adjusted" continuous charts? Or, can the user-defined rollover rules be only appllied to "back-adjusted" continuous charts ?

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to offer me some help or suggestions in relation to my question above.

Regards

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 06-06-2009, 12:48 AM.

Question about continuous chart settings

Hello,

Using the user-defined rollover settings, if I request that the continuous chart "rolls over" on the 25th of the delivery month, at what time of the Day or Session does the chart do its rollover?

Also, a second question: Do I have to "refresh" the continuous chart for the rollover on the chart to take place, or will the continuous chart rollover to the next front month "automatically" on the 25th of the Delivery month without any intervention whatsoever by the user??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Not happy with these forums !!

ive now been waiting for 20 days to get an answer for my 2 questions, and still no one from e-signal has responded. how long do i have to wait? not happy about this, as i thought these forums are supposed to be efficient !!!!

Comment

Rod,
        Sorry for the delay in responding, this one must have gotten passed me. I'm going to try and take each one in order.

Using the user-defined rollover settings, if I request that the continuous chart "rolls over" on the 25th of the delivery month, at what time of the Day or Session does the chart do its rollover?
        The contract would rollover at the end of the specified Trading Days day session.

Do I have to "refresh" the continuous chart for the rollover on the chart to take place, or will the continuous chart rollover to the next front month "automatically" on the 25th of the Delivery month without any intervention whatsoever by the user??
        Yes a refresh or a shutting down and reopening of eSignal would be required for the charts to roll.

For continuous daily charts, can I have user-defined rollover rules (like roll on 3 business days prior to 25th of delivery month) applied to BOTH "back-adjusted" AND "un-adjusted" continuous charts? Or, can the user-defined rollover rules be only applied to "back-adjusted" continuous charts?
        For the continuous contracts you have an option to adjusted or not adjust.

Here's Article 2258 that discusses the Continuous Contracts in detail.

Please let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

thanks for your reply. Are you 100% sure that i would have to refresh the continuous charts or shut down and then re-open the e-signal platform for the rollover on the continuous chart to take place? For example, what would happen if i did nothing, would the continuous chart still rollover to the next contract month "automatically" at the open of the trading session (or close of the trading session on the rollover day selected)?

Reason I ask is that I use the TradeStation platform at the moment, and the TradeStation continuous charts rollover "automatically" to the next contract month series i.e. from March to June, without any human intervention, and this "rollover" on the continuous charts takes place at the open of the next trading session after the rollover day which is user-defined.

Does e-signal continuous charts also work the same way ie automatic rollover without the need to refresh the charts?

i ask this question as its not really practical to do a refresh on the charts or shut down and re-open the e-signal platform after the rollover has taken place, as how will I know when the rollover should have occured if i have many charts open on many markets. i would have to know the rollover date for each market which changes each contract series (And i trade 20 markets) and then on that date refresh each chart. this is a lot of changing dates to keep track of. i thought the rollover process would be automated like in TradeStation's platform?

could you please double check this for me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rod
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 06-26-2009, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Rod,

Checking with our QA Department and I stand corrected. The continuous contracts (#F) are rolled server side so no action on the users side is needed. The custom continuous contracts rollovers (1!) are done at the desktop level and the application itself take care of rolling each one and no action on the users side is needed either.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X