Needs of a trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs of a trader

A trader needs to be able to do four things and only four things with all indicators offered on a platform that isn't instantaneously observable by price action alone: a) be able to make composite moving averages; measure rates of return in points or percentages and plot standard deviations of anything measured, and of course VWAP plotted with STDEV bands.
    VWAP is the BENCHMARK with regard to investors. That I have to create my own VWAP chart in a spreadsheet is disgusting.

Esignal offers none of it; and I've been tracking esignal's VWAP calculator vs. CME's daily volume by price analysis and esignal is on average off by a half a point every single day.

Why?

I didn't sign on to be a programmer. I'm a trader. And I certainly would like to trade out of the charts I pay you to trade out of.

I see no one responded to your posting. I am fairly new to esignal but I did find that they have a VWAP which can be downloaded from their site. Or call support and they will email it to you.

It is: amVWAP.efs (you put this into the Formulas folder.
    Also you need to download, amStudies.efsLib and put that into the FunctionLibrary folder.

This does not have STDEV bands but I may add them to it myself (I am a bit of programmer -semi retired actually).

I don't know what a "composit moving average" is. I have asked for a way to measure in % on the chart but they do have a % scale. A do my own calculations in a spreadsheet on performance and risk/reward.

Esignal has a lot of capability that other packages I have seen do not but it seams to be mainly by engineers and for engineers. Some of the things you are asking for are in Think or Swim and maybe Tradestation. I think a lot of users do their own programming in Esignal. It is also one of the older packages out there.

jgr
    Last edited by jgr; 06-30-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X