Advancing/Declining Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancing/Declining Issues

Does anyone know if there is a way to view advancing/declining issues in current trading. My last quote service would show market leaders and laggards on a daily basis.

smerritt,

I'm not sure I understood the question you were asking. And since the Advanced/Declines have two answers I'll I'll give you both the answer I thought you meant.

1) In the current version of eSignal we offer the Gaining and Losing issues in the Leaders Windows. The Leader window can be access via File-->New-->Leaders or Ctrl + L.

One thing to remember it the symbols that display are going to be based on your entitlements to the different exchanges. For example if you do not subscribe to AMEX you will not see the Gainer/Losers for that exchange.

2) There is also several symbols for the Advance/Decline issues for the NYSE and NASDAQ that can be found in the Symbol Guide under Most Commonly Requested Statistics.

$ADV NYSE Advancing Issues
    $DECL NYSE Declining Issues
    $ISSU NYSE Advance/Decline/Unchanged
    $ADD NYSE $ADV minus $DECL

$ADVQ NASDAQ Advancing Issues
    $DECLQ NASDAQ Declining Issues
    $UCHGQ NASDAQ Unchanged Issues
    $ADDQ NASDAQ $ADVQ minus $DECLQ

Hope this helps, please let me know if neither of these is the answer you were looking for.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

PERFECT!!! Thanks- you're the best.

-Shane

Comment

In another system I use (Schwab) their software shows Advance/Decline ratios for both NYSE and NASDAQ.

$NYAD
        $NQAD

It would be nice if those were in esignal too.

Comment

jgr,

One of the great things about eSignal is that you have a couple of different options you can use for getting the ratio of the Advanced and Declines.

First you can add the equation ($ADV / $DEC) straight to a most of the eSignal windows (Quote or Advanced Chart).

Second you can use the Custom Symbol Spread. Spread (also known as pairs) are created in eSignal by creating spread symbols. The creation of spread symbols is performed in the Spread Symbols Settings window found under the Tools menu. Please check out the KB Article that gives a full description and instructions on how to use the Symbol Spread.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

AveryH,
            Thanks for the information.

I just discovered the ability to create spreads and define custom symbols constructed of other symbols. That is a very nice feature.

I also discovered that the NYSE Adv/Decl is aready available. It is $ISSU (an improbable symbol but I did a calculation that confirms it is Adv/Decl for NYSE)

I don't see a similar built in symbol for NASDAQ up/dn but that can be constructed as you explianed.

jgr

Comment

jgr,

Glad we could be of assistance.

AveryH
              eSignal Support.

Comment

Working...
              X