Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are unselected studies on a chart updated anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are unselected studies on a chart updated anyway?

If I deselect a study on a chart but not remove it, does esignal continue to calcualte the values anyway? I noticed that on an alert I programmed, it continued to alert after I deselected the study.

jgr,

I guess before I could answer this with confidence I would have to understand what you mean by "deselecting" the indicator.

If you're hiding the indicator via the Edit Studies window then yes it will continue calculate and return any values from the study such as a trigger alert.

Hopefully this answers your question.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

By deselecting I mean opening the "Edit Studies" window and then finding the study on the left and unchecking the box beside it. Then leaving the study there and not removing it.

Comment

jgr,

Thank you for the clarification, then I stand by the answer I give below, that yes the indicator will continue to calculate and return values from that indicator as long as it has not been removed from the chart.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the info. I see I need to Remove those unused ones lest my computer be brought to its knees calculating all this stuff I am not using.

jgr

Comment

jgr,

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X