Winsock communication error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winsock communication error

I encountered an error this week that took a bit of digging around w/ an eSignal rep to diagnose the issue.

The problem has been resolved, I'm just posting here so that anyone in the future that gets the same error can hopefully fix the problem in a few minutes whereas it took me days.

The winsock communication error occurred when I was attempting to plug eSignal data into Multicharts.

On the MC quote manager, the error read:
    Real-time Tick Server Message: Success Type: NOTIFY RETRY Status: Winsock communication error

[ERROR] Winros.ini is not found. Make sure eSignal is installed properly

So there was an issue getting eSignal data to flow into MultiCharts.

After some long discussions w/ an eSignal rep we finally found that the problem was a spyware removal program - this particular one was Threatfire. Somewhere in that program it was blocking data to flow.

Once threatfire was removed AND I did a clean install of MC, it worked fine. It should be noted that I had to uninstall MC and reinstall b/c it did not work using the same MC install when Threatfire was present.

Again, I'm just putting this out there so if someone else googles winsock communication error (as I did) they can hopefully find this thread or the one over at MC.

I also wanted to thank the eSignal rep (Drew) that helped me b/c it would have been very easy to just say - not us, call MC. And then MC to say - not us, call eSignal... I've encountered that in this industry quite a few times, so it was nice that Drew took the time to fix the problem.

There's a thread on MC if interested.

Also, here's a link to a page eSignal has that shows programs known to cause issues: http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1415&p=1

Threatfire is actually not on the list but the rep told me they recently started having issues with it.

So if you are getting this error, best to check that list and if not on there, start deleting your spyware programs to find the culprit.

Comment

Working...
    X