Questions on minimizing CPU overlaod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on minimizing CPU overlaod.

(Running 10.5RC on Vista 64 SP2, 4 Gbyte Ram, Core 2 Duo 2.4 gHz.)

Today, I was ready to push the BUY button and my screens went dim with "Not Responding." When the CPU caught up, the thing I was about to buy had dropped 2.5%. You saved me. The U Mich Sentiment had just been announced - lower. While I should have been thinking that this was to happen, still had I been in this issue and needed to get out, I would not have been able to.

SO: Some Questions.

BTW, I have cut way back on the number of things open and updating but the system still freezes on high activity. I do have it on a 3 mbit DSL feed. I run Schwab's StreetSmart Pro on another computer on the same feed but it is not demanding at all.

1. Do screens that are minimized still update at the same frequency?
    2. If and the same symbol appears on multiple screens, does your system bring in a data streem for each or does it share internally?
    3. Is there a particular display that taxes the system more? Thinking of Market Depth or Quote Board or something like that.
    4. While my machine exceeds your recomendations except for having only a dual core not quad core CPU, would quad core make an appreciable difference.
    5. Will your software run on server class machines with two Itanium processors? Would that make a difference?

NOTE: While writing this, they system grabbed my cursor at least 15 times. That is a real aggravation.
    Last edited by jgr; 07-10-2009, 07:28 AM.
Working...
X